Respected Contributor

@MandyG06 wrote:

on the CDC website, there are 431 approved Products with Emerging Viral Pathogens AND Human Coronavirus claims for use against SARS-CoV-2. Lysol bathroom cleaner and Lysol wipes are just two of the 431 listed. 

Yep, so I don't understand why a network is trumpeting one brand. Especially when it's very hard to find. More especially since doubts are being raised about fomite transfer as a significant source for infections. It's the vapors. Wash your hands, don't touch your face (especially defenseless eyes), and avoid exposure to others, unless they're not breathing.

Honored Contributor

I don't think this is something new, unless it is two more lysol products.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

EPA approves two Lysol products as the first to effectively kill novel coronavirus on surfaces

CNN

This just means that the products were tested using actual SARS COV-2. The results only apply to use on HARD, NON-POROUS SURFACES, too. The other products were tested against similar viruses, including other coronaviruses. They probably work too. Some even have identical ingredients to the Lysol sprays. Chlorine bleach solution at 6%-8% kills pretty much everything. For bacteria that are encased or spore forming, such as C. difficile and B anthracis, the bleach ratio might be higher. Certain pathogens, prions, can't be deactivated this way at all. 

Honored Contributor
@noodleann

The 2 Lysol products are the first to be actually tested on the SARS COV-2 virus. The remaining products on the approved EPA list are based on their efficacy on other hard to kill viruses. It’s a best guess based on past performance. The EPA is continuing to test more products.
Honored Contributor
PS.
CNN isn’t trumpeting anything. It’s based on a press release by the EPA. 🤷🏻‍♀️And it’s on many news sources.
Honored Contributor

Re: Lysol Disinfectant

[ Edited ]

@noodleann wrote:

@MandyG06 wrote:

on the CDC website, there are 431 approved Products with Emerging Viral Pathogens AND Human Coronavirus claims for use against SARS-CoV-2. Lysol bathroom cleaner and Lysol wipes are just two of the 431 listed. 

Yep, so I don't understand why a network is trumpeting one brand. Especially when it's very hard to find. More especially since doubts are being raised about fomite transfer as a significant source for infections. It's the vapors. Wash your hands, don't touch your face (especially defenseless eyes), and avoid exposure to others, unless they're not breathing.

@noodleann this is a report released by the EPA, I cited CNN because that's my go to news source. I'm pretty sure if you went to yours you would find the same report.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

Soneone said you can spray Lysol Disinfectant on hands and face to protect from the Corona virus.  Does that work?

@EatWell  No! It's for surfaces not skin or ingestion! 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA   I have also used a diluted mix (1/2 each of water and bleach) of bleach and water in a squirt bottle for years, long before covid.  I use it on many surfaces in the house.

Honored Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

Soneone said you can spray Lysol Disinfectant on hands and face to protect from the Corona virus.  Does that work?

@EatWell 

LYSOL BRAND DISINFECTANT  
The following language is only for products with'medical devices listed on the label: This product is not to be used on· any. surface or instrument that (1) is introduced di rect ly into the human body. ei ther into or in contact wi th the bloodstream or normally sterile areas of the bcdy. or (2) contacts intact mucous membranes but which does not ordinarily penetrate the blood barrier or otherwise
enter normally sterile areas of the body.
PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS:
Hazards to humans and domestic animals.
WARNING: AVOid contact with eyes and food.
FIRST AID: In case of eye contact. immediately flush eyes thoroughly with water. remove any contact lenses. and continue to flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Get medical attention if irritation perSists.
PHYSICAL HAZARDS:
Flammable: Contents under pressure. Do not use near fire. sparks or 6lame. Do not puncture or incinerate container. Exposure to temperatures above 130 F. may cause bursting. Do not use on polished wood furniture. rayon fabrics. leather or acrylic plastics.
STORAGE/DISPOSAL: Store in original container in areas inaccessible to small chi11ren. Replace cap and discard in trash. Do not puncture or inCinerate. Do not reuse ~~pty container.
Lysol® Brand Disinfectant Spray is germicidal when used as directed for disinfection
but differs in composition from other Lysol Brand products.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: o-Phenylphenol 0.1%. Ethanol 79.0% INERT INGREDIENTS: 20.9%
EPA REG. NO. 777·53
EPA EST. NO. 777·IL-1. 

Respected Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
PS.
CNN isn’t trumpeting anything. It’s based on a press release by the EPA. 🤷🏻‍♀️And it’s on many news sources.

It's ridiculous.