Esteemed Contributor

Luxury cars mean different things to different people living in different ares of the country. For my experience: DB buys his luxury cars new, pays cash and drives them for 10+ years. I buy my luxury SUV pre-owned, low mileage with all the extras and pay what someone else paid for a new non-luxury basic car. I also drive it for at least eight years. Sister leases her luxe cars. Another family member just bought a 5 year old luxury vehicle. She has no job, has not worked in years and someone else paid her down payment.

And that's just a few people in my family. Driving a luxury car is a choice, nothing more.

Respected Contributor

@shy bobcat wrote:

What are your thoughts when you see someone driving a luxury vehicle? 

No thoughts. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Trusted Contributor

Depends on the car and the driver

More money than brains

Rich daddy

No good in the snow

Nice ride

Silly old man, looking for new GF

Honored Contributor

I don't give it any thought. People can buy whatever they want and I'm happy for them. 

I drive what I drive. I do it because it makes ME happy and that's the only person I'm concerned with. Well, my husband also. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

My idea of luxury is substance.  As I suppose is obvious from my signature line, 'flash' doesn't impress me as being anything other than temporary.

BTW, it is possible to drive a really nice car and have a really nice bank balance.   Woman Wink  One doesn't necessarily preclude the other.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

I may think nice car.  It's not something I'd give a lot of thought to.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@shy bobcat wrote:

I think to myself how smart I am for realizing my mid price vehicle gets me to the same destination as their's does.

Pricey cars do little for my ego. I'd rather have a nice fat bank account.Woman Happy

Why are you assuming someone can't have both?

Honored Contributor

@shy bobcat wrote:

That they're in the burgeoning SF tech business Woman Very Happy

It seems they all drive a Tesla.  There are many of them in my neighborhood.

Honored Contributor

Re: Luxury vehicle

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@shy bobcat wrote:

I think to myself how smart I am for realizing my mid price vehicle gets me to the same destination as their's does.

Pricey cars do little for my ego. I'd rather have a nice fat bank account.Woman Happy

@faeriemoon Did you notice I was speaking of myself??? In the first person?? I said "my ego" and "my bank account"...

Honored Contributor

Re: Luxury vehicle

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@shy bobcat wrote:

@faeriemoon Did you notice I was speaking of myself??? In the first person?? I said "my ego" and "my bank account"...

Ok.  It sounded like a general statement,  My apologies.  Some of the people on this thread sound kind of sour grapes.  I guess that impression rubbed off on your post.  Again, my apologies. Smiley Happy

@Trinity11