Honored Contributor

Re: Luxury vehicle

[ Edited ]

@icherry wrote:

I don't give it any thought, one way ,or the other. What difference can it  make?

I agree, I mostly don't notice unless it's an especially nice looking vehicle, like a Tesla. I loved seeing the Audi TTs from around 2004 drive by - sexy cars. But I also notice a lot of cars not in the Luxury category. I get excited about every new Prius model or all-electric vehicle that comes on the market.

Frequent Contributor

I agree. I LOVE vehicles!!! No matter shape,color, etc. 

So, when I see a cool car, I think "lucky dog" & then I think omg, I bet the property tax is outragious or how much it is to fix it when it breaks down. Guess, its my reality check,lol

Honored Contributor

You guys are talking really expensive cars. I would consider mine expensive at $40,000 & a waste of money IMO. LOL!!! I do okay driving around here but I get anxiety now so I don't like to drive. It only has 9132 miles on it & will be 4 yrs old end of Apr.

I get nervous driving my car for the price we paid so I should have bought something else. Our 1st new vehicle was only $6,000.

If anyone else wants to drive a vehicle that costs lots of money have at it it's your money but a waste like I said IMO.

Respected Contributor

I see a fair amount of luxury cars and SUV's, so they really don't turn my head.  However, I AM a sports car lover from birth, so I really take notice of those.  I love and respect them all.  I was driving to work in my red Mustang this morning when I spotted a red Camaro in the other lane.  My first thought was, "Hey look, I'm not the only nut who drives a rear wheel drive sports car in the snow!"

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

My 'unicorn' is a Bugatti.

$1.5-1.7 Million.

My BFF has seen one in downtown DFW, but I haven't yet.

Just a matter of time.

Beautiful machines.

Work of art. 

Respected Contributor

@shy bobcat wrote:

What are your thoughts when you see someone driving a luxury vehicle? 

Why am I not in the passenger seat? Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I've never had, nor do I want a new car.  You've wasted thousands just by driving it off the lot. We've always had wonderful cars - clean, comfy, great transportation.  Right now I have a car I love so much I refuse to part with it to upgrade for newer.  It's a 2010 Dodge Grand Caravn. I live in an area full of doctors, dentists and lawyers.  They drive by in everything imaginable, and when they do I smile to myself and think about what I have in my portfolio instead of my garage. There's nobody out there I want or need to impress.

Respected Contributor

Just that I wish someone would give one to me!

Esteemed Contributor

Ya'll are thinking way too small.

Drive around Detroit in the summertime. You'll see Maybach's to Lamborghini's regularly. These are stored in the winter.

Guy I knew did high end auto financing and very high end vehicles are usually on a short lease like 12-24 months or purchased for cash. Banks usually won't lend on a typical auto loan.

A Lamborghini oil change can run about $400 bucks.

Honored Contributor

The only car, believe it or not, that I will look and say I wish we had that is a Hyundai Elantra.

I just like the look of it and when we were looking for our new car we did look at them but I was not a good fit in it.  I couldn't see out the back window and I didn't like how low the passenger seat was in comparison to where the air bag would fly out at me if it ever deployed.