Honored Contributor

The senior apt. buildings where I live will offer the COVID vaccine in a week in each of our 3 buildings.  We have a lounge area on the 1st floor of each buildiing.  If you were interested in the vaccine you had to sign up for it.  About 3 weeks ago I went for the vaccine thru my doctor's medical group association.  it was a nightmare.  No one was social distancing and there were over 200 people there with long, long lines.  I left so I feel very lucky to get my vaccine without going out.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I thought our lines were not long and we never had to get out of our car. Also very well organized.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Fortunately, our hospital is very well organized.  I was in and out before my appointment time.  

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 

Was no such thing as an "in an out" at my hospital. Everyone, allergy or no allergy, had to wait in a room with an RN for 20 minutes. Since I had suffered an Anaphylactic Shock, I had to stay for 30 minutes, for both shots.

Nurse said she had 1 Allergic reaction in the hundreds she had watched in the rooms for both Pfizer shots. She was an ICU Nurse. After my experience with Anaphylactic Shock? Ain't no way I was leaving the hospital "post haste"!

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut   I should have mentioned that I received my shot before my scheduled time but yes stayed an additional 20 - 30 minutes.  There were nurses walking around making sure everyone was OK.  As I said, a very efficient operation.  Go back for my second dose on the 25th.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 

Our hospital was the same experience as yours. Could not have been a more smooth operation. Every step we were met with very nice and well trained individuals. 

Think the places not well organized could learn from the experiences we both had with our shots.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut   Better to be safe than sorry.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@hckynut, I thinks it protocol for any site to have you wait for a few minutes after receiving the vaccine (15 minutes at our site). In fact, it's set up so that you can't leave before they tell you it's okay.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I'll be able to get mine through my dialysis clinic as soon as I'm able. Last I heard, that should be about the middle of March.