Highlighted
Super Contributor

Low carb, or other weight loss success stories

I have  in the past lost weight going low carb.  I went back on but this time not losing much. Maybe I’m eating more calories then I think or more carbs. 

My my daughter lost weight by counting calories. I hate measuring/counting. 

What has worked for you. I need to lose about 30 lbs

Honored Contributor

Re: Low carb, or other weight loss success stories

Weight Watchers.  Lost 60 before.   back on now..but this time, I'm doing better. 

Valued Contributor

I basically asked the same type of question the other day and was told that I shouldn't.  

"I never changed, I just learned."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never had a weight problem until after I quit smoking about ten years ago. Guess that can happen so I decided to change a few things. I started strength training with resistance and weights to built muscle. I started walking longer distances and more often. I eliminated all dairy from my diet also and went to a lower gluten one. I'm taking berberine which acts much like metformin to regulate blood sugar. I think all of these things got me back to the weight I was when I started college. I'm 62, 5-3, 118 lbs. Before I was close to 140. No Rx drugs and no problems.Woman Happy

I strongly believe in portion control along with lower unhealthy fats and processed sugar.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Look up Chef AJ Calorie Density Chart, print out her chart, and eat what you want to the left of the red line.  Success can be yours while you maintain your energy levels and satiety by eating necessary carbs.  Look at the chart, it is simple: no meetings, no costs other than food, no weighing, measuring, counting calories, and no hunger. She has a cookbook and delicious recipes on YouTube.

Also watch High Carb Hanna who dropped 70 pounds basically following this plan.  She has some wonderful cookbooks which I recently downloaded,  One of them gives you a daily guide and recipes with a weekly shopping list that she used to drop her weight.  You might find her current YouTube videos very helpful.

This is a way of life...not a diet fad.  Good luck...this is possible!

Trusted Contributor

@Beautiful life wrote:

I have  in the past lost weight going low carb.  I went back on but this time not losing much. Maybe I’m eating more calories then I think or more carbs. 

My my daughter lost weight by counting calories. I hate measuring/counting. 

What has worked for you. I need to lose about 30 lbs

I am on a low-carb diet basically. I do eat some fruit which are higher carbs but not often and in small amounts. I never count calories. I very rarely eat any sugar at all. In fact, whenever I consume sugar, I feel sick to my stomach.

Good luck in your weight loss whatever way you choose!

Super Contributor

Forgot to add: I’m almost 52

Respected Contributor

Weight Watchers.  No fads with this way of eating.  I made up my mind during menopause that It wasn’t going to take over my life.  I swim and I count points.  There is no magic diet out there.  It’s called counting points or calories.  Follow the plan and don’t lie to yourself and you will lose the weight.  Make your mind up and don’t look back.  Accept that this is your new way of living.  I lost 30 pounds and still had a big slice of carrot cake at my realtive’s birthday.  I didn’t kick myself, but ate better the next day. That’s how you do it.  It’s not easy, but it’s simple. You can do it.  Get away from the fad diets and change your life.   I’m going on my 4th year of being lifetime.  

Respected Contributor

DH has lost 40 lbs on Nutrisystems and loves the variety and portion control 🙂

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a firm believer in portion control.  I've lost 35 pounds since February by just cutting back a little.  I have still eaten pizza, lasagne & other high caloric items but just cut back on the portion.  I also believe you need to include some sort of exercise.  I don't do anything major....just walking more and/or riding my stationary bike.  I also drink more water than I used to and have almost eliminated my diet sodas.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown