Respected Contributor

Re: Loving a person

[ Edited ]

The way I show love is firstly by listening and observing. I try to understand how the person feels and what he or she needs. Then, I convey my understanding in the moment and express empathy, support and say I love you as needed. I then try to see what I can do to lessen the burden from something substantial to just preparing the coffee maker in the morning.

I try to anticipate needs and I'm able to read my loved ones to know what they need even before they do. I'm loving and cheerful while doing what I can to help. I don't really criticize and I get over disagreements easily.

I do my best to be easy to live with and be around. I create a loving atmosphere in my home full of peace and joy. My goal is to have a drama free environment, which is not how I grew up. This is really important. I think relationships fall apart because the home becomes a toxic, tense place for any little thing. Some people have no idea how hard they are to live with.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

I tell them all the time and I kiss them, including the two cats.

It's easy to show someone you love them, telling them is best.

Take care of them when they are ill.

Be there for them when they're down.

Plan fun things together, even if it's just a rented or TV movie and homemade popcorn.

Honored Contributor

Re: Loving a person

[ Edited ]

I'm not a religious person, but this is a soulful book

about interpersonal relationships...definitely has good ideas:

"It outlines five ways to express and experience love that Chapman (author) calls "love languages": gift giving, quality time, words of affirmation, acts of service (devotion), and physical touch." (wiki)

IMG_2914.jpg

Honored Contributor

"Physical touch" is something I grew up not having much of because of my cultural background. It is still something I struggle with today. I do not like being touched nor do I like touching someone else.  Weird, huh?

Honored Contributor

Dh knows I love him but I also tell him all the time, I also do things for him, I was his IV nurse a few months ago when he was on IV antibiotics, which he needed for a post surgical infection

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@NycVixen

Creating a soft place to fall at the end of the day.

Honored Contributor

How Do I Love Thee

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day’s
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right.
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I try to be there for them whenever they need my moral support...they know I have their back and that my love is unconditional..I also tell them I love them every day.I usually joke with my son and say "have I told you that I love you and that you are special to me recently"....his reply" yup daily". 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

How do you show the people you love ,that you do by actions?

How do they prefer love to be expressed to them? If I want someone to feel the love I have for them, it's important to express it in the way they feel it best, not the way I feel it best. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

I try to be there for them whenever they need my moral support...they know I have their back and that my love is unconditional..I also tell them I love them every day.I usually joke with my son and say "have I told you that I love you and that you are special to me recently"....his reply" yup daily". 

I tell my kids the same everyday......and i get the same response!! haha.