Honored Contributor

Re: Loving Paula Deen on Evine

@KingstonsMom wrote:

My last comment on this thread.

How can you judge someone that you've never met, much less don't actually know?

I certainly hope that none of you are on my jury.........

Easy.  By their behavior.  I am not speaking of PD here, but we judge others all the time by what they do.

Who hasn't judged a serial killer?  An active member of a hate group?  A parent who hurts their children?

Respected Contributor

You judge people all the time by how they present themselves.  If they present themselves differently in person than they do on tv and you don't have the opportunity to meet them personally, then all  you can go by is how they have chosen to present themselves on tv.

I said it on another PD thread and I will say it again.....

*GAG*

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Paula lives less than a mile from me on a small island.

Her beautiful waterfront home is set pretty close to the main road of the island and doesn't offer much 'seclusion'. 'Looky-loos' are always driving by. She's looking for more seclusion.

I've known and worked with Paula for many years, as she always catered our corporate monthly meetings. She is not the persona you see on tv, that's the persona that Food Network created and wanted her to present. It stuck and made her a muti-millionaire.

She and her sons do many, many benefits here for different groups, especially charities, i.e., the homeless, Down syndrome, kids at risk, our LGBT community, I could go on & on.

And her sons do indeed say ya'll, maybe not when they're on tv, but IRL they do.

Judge not, lest ye' be judged.........

I enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for sharing ....