Honored Contributor

Re: Lovely service but...

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

I find it very hard to believe the Queen never visited Prince Philip when he was hospitalized. What is your source for this?  How do you know?

@KKJ 

Well then all the British papers are lying ... google it.  She didn't visit him.  

Oh those must be "the rags" you keep accusing me of reading. When I read them they are rags, but when you read them they are the gospel truth! 🤣🤣🤣

@ Pearley 

I said newspapers, not gossip rags.  Clearly, you don't know the difference, which explains a lot.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

I find it very hard to believe the Queen never visited Prince Philip when he was hospitalized. What is your source for this?  How do you know?

@KKJ 

Well then all the British papers are lying ... google it.  She didn't visit him.  

Oh those must be "the rags" you keep accusing me of reading. When I read them they are rags, but when you read them they are the gospel truth! 🤣🤣🤣

@ Pearley 

I said newspapers, not gossip rags.  Clearly, you don't know the difference, which explains a lot.  Woman LOL

@Tinkrbl44  Nice try, but a fail. 😁

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't imagine how hard it must be to be a Senior Royal.  Sure, they are abundant in wealth and privilege, but what a sacrifice they make to fulfill their service to the country.  

The Queen probably did not visit Prince Philip in the hospital for the very same reasons that the funeral was low key.  She wanted to respect his wishes and also the COVID-19 restrictions, setting an example for the rest of Great Britain. 

Honored Contributor

@ Pearley 

Actually, no.  Nice try ...  and I hit the nail on the head.  Of course you can't admit it.  LOL  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

The Queen said this of Prince Phillip on their 50th anniversary:  He is my strength and my stay.  That tells me a lot.

Esteemed Contributor
I don’t think the Queen “wrote Phillip off”. The UK has had difficulty controlling the outbreak and has had issues with the vaccine rollout. Maybe the Queen was vaccinated but that didn’t protect Phillip who may not have been due to his frail health and depressed immune system. During the pandemic hospital protocols are enforced here and in the UK. I’m sure they visited virtually or maybe even in person who knows. But it was best for both the Queen, Phillip, other patients and staff if she did not. I’m not a royal watcher but every high risk person should avoid hospitals during a pandemic..just common sense.
Super Contributor

@stevieb - we definitely need a guidebook!💗

Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 Britain has been much more stringent with Covid protocols than the US.  Covid protocols in hospitals have nothing to do with the patient having Covid.  They are in place to protect patients and staff from visitors who may have Covid.  When those protocols are in place, it does not matter if you are admitted to the hospital with Covid, or for an appendectomy or a heart procedure.  No visitors period.  As with the funeral, the government cannot tell the public that they must do one thing and then allow the Royal family to do another.  If the Queen did not visit her husband in the hospital, it did not mean that she'd distanced herself from him emotionally.  You and your questionable sources are seriously stretching on that one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why in the world go such a mean supposition?  She didn't visit...

Perhaps Prince Phillip didn't want her to be put to so much stress, he seems a no fuss kind of person.

Perhaps her physicians thought it was best for HER not risk the possible exposure to something in the hospital.

Could be they both wanted to up-hold the COVID protocols in support of the rest of the country.

Maybe that's Why he came home, so they could be together peacefully in what they both knew were his final days.

@Tinkrbl44 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@corita wrote:

I also watched and felt sadness for the Queen.  She did seem shrunken, frail and so alone!!  Such a touching sight when she turned around to take a last look at the coffin as she was walking out with the Archbishop!

@corita   The Queen must have paused to look at something else, or just to capture the scene in her mind.  At that point, the coffin had been already lowered beneath the floor, to the Vault below.  The catafalque had a motor to lower the coffin.

----------

Oh....I heard it from the news!!  Maybe just looking at the scene she just left...she did look somewhat forlorn.