Super Contributor

Re: Lovely new song posted by Lisa Robertson!

Please, please just stop with all the hate towards Lisa.  Everyone is different and special in their own way!  Just saying.  

Honored Contributor

Beautiful voice,  she really does have a wonderful voice.  I remember way back when I was really surprised when she sang, "Baby it's cold outside"  , with Dave King. It's on YouTube, for those interested

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been a Q buyer since 1988.  Back in the hey day I was a 24-7 person  I totally quit watching about 2000, I buy online but haven't seen a host or show since then. I don't know Lisa Robertson from watching. But she certainly  doesn't deserve the hate she gets.  She is an attractive lady, making a living trying to do her best.  Maybe if she was less attractive......

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@SoX wrote:

I don't know what it is ... but why, oh why, is it necessary to constantly post the activities of a former host on this bulletin board.  Why not just go to her Facebook page and heap all the praise you want to on her ... 

......Because this is a forum and different topics of discussion are posted from a wide variety of topics.  The topics that aren't of interest to someone are normally not opened.    Nothing wrong with @JasoninBoston posting about a topic of his choosing.

@San Antonio Gal

.... I certainly don't need you to tell me the obvious ...   and, by the way, nothing wrong with me posting my opinion, either ... which is why you responded, isn't it?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some of you mentioned that Lisa Robertson and Dave King singing "Baby, It's Cold Outside" was on You Tube.  Here it is for those who are interested.  If you see a commercial first, you can skip over it in just a minute.  It tells you when. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmipx_aIlR4&list=FLINGsHod7vFG4EtfN0iRmTg&index=30&t=0s

I watch this every Christmas.  I always liked Dave King a lot, too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@SoX wrote:

I don't know what it is ... but why, oh why, is it necessary to constantly post the activities of a former host on this bulletin board.  Why not just go to her Facebook page and heap all the praise you want to on her ... 

......Because this is a forum and different topics of discussion are posted from a wide variety of topics.  The topics that aren't of interest to someone are normally not opened.    Nothing wrong with @JasoninBoston posting about a topic of his choosing.

@San Antonio Gal

.... I certainly don't need you to tell me the obvious ...   and, by the way, nothing wrong with me posting my opinion, either ... which is why you responded, isn't it?

@SoX , I think @San Antonio Gal was just answering your question, you did ask "why" three times.

Not trying to be snarky, just answering the question.

We all have a right to our opinion.

I try not to click on topics that I think are gonna cause me irritation. I have enough of that.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

Some of you mentioned that Lisa Robertson and Dave King singing "Baby, It's Cold Outside" was on You Tube.  Here it is for those who are interested.  If you see a commercial first, you can skip over it in just a minute.  It tells you when. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmipx_aIlR4&list=FLINGsHod7vFG4EtfN0iRmTg&index=30&t=0s

I watch this every Christmas.  I always liked Dave King a lot, too.

Makes me in the mood for Christmas! And here we are, just heading into May, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@San Antonio Gal

@SoX , I think @San Antonio Gal was just answering your question, you did ask "why" three times.

Not trying to be snarky, just answering the question.

We all have a right to our opinion.

I try not to click on topics that I think are gonna cause me irritation. I have enough of that.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

@happycat 

And here I thought anyone reading my "question" would know it was rhetorical ... silly me.   

I've been posting here for over 12 years now and little did I realize that I"m required  to open a thread and post only nice agreeable responses ...  that going against the grain would cause such pearl clutching.

Respected Contributor

Although I have seen plenty of nasty posts on other threads on Lisa R, I see nothing nasty or even removed on this one. Most of the posts are actually positive. The few posts asking why people still want to post about her are pretty tame. 

Honored Contributor

Aren't we all entitled to voice our opinions within reason, on any thread that's started?  Not everyone will agree to gush on all LR threads. 

If OP doesn't have Facebook, then how were they aware of this music video?  And I still think LR needs to sing upbeat music or whatever.  I won't be told what threads to respond to or not respond too.  Afterall this is Community Forum.  Put anything music on entertainment. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee