Trusted Contributor

Re: Lovely new song posted by Lisa Robertson!

@Suziepeach wrote:

Aren't we all entitled to voice our opinions within reason, on any thread that's started?  Not everyone will agree to gush on all LR threads. 

If OP doesn't have Facebook, then how were they aware of this music video?  And I still think LR needs to sing upbeat music or whatever.  I won't be told what threads to respond to or not respond too.  Afterall this is Community Forum.  Put anything music on entertainment. 

@Suziepeach 

Although you have never expressed any kindness to me, here is your answer:
you don't need a FB account to view Lisa's posts on FB.  It has to do with her privacy settings.So I do look at her posts from time to time but I can't post there because I don't have an a FB account.

Super Contributor

I think the new song with Lisa is a tribute to her mother, and her mother's passing. She is promoting an avenue of business for funding Ovarian cancer support/funding.
Frequent Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@happycat wrote:

@SoX wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@SoX wrote:

I don't know what it is ... but why, oh why, is it necessary to constantly post the activities of a former host on this bulletin board.  Why not just go to her Facebook page and heap all the praise you want to on her ... 

......Because this is a forum and different topics of discussion are posted from a wide variety of topics.  The topics that aren't of interest to someone are normally not opened.    Nothing wrong with @JasoninBoston posting about a topic of his choosing.

@San Antonio Gal

.... I certainly don't need you to tell me the obvious ...   and, by the way, nothing wrong with me posting my opinion, either ... which is why you responded, isn't it?

@SoX , I think @San Antonio Gal was just answering your question, you did ask "why" three times.

Not trying to be snarky, just answering the question.

We all have a right to our opinion.

I try not to click on topics that I think are gonna cause me irritation. I have enough of that.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

@happycat 

And here I thought anyone reading my "question" would know it was rhetorical ... silly me.   

I've been posting here for over 12 years now and little did I realize that I"m required  to open a thread and post only nice agreeable responses ...  that going against the grain would cause such pearl clutching.

@SoX  No pearl clutching here.  We all can post whatever we like.  Although I posted my earlier comment as a thank-you to @JasoninBoston and did not intended it to be a response to your post, rhetorical or not, I do think it provided a reasonable explanation as to why someone would be happy to see this information posted here and not just on Lisa's Facebook page (i.e., I don't frequent her Facebook page and likely would have missed the video of her singing).  I don't understand why some people disapprove of seeing Lisa Robertson posts here.  What difference does it make if she's a former host?  People post about their families, neighbors, pets, vacations, decorating ideas, fashions, movies, and any other number of topics not directly related to QVC and hosts, current or former.  She is simply another topic of conversation that is of interest to some posters.  There are many, many topics of no interest to me, so I pass those by.  I don't see why people who aren't interested in posts about Lisa don't just pass them by as well.

Trusted Contributor

@QVCalm wrote:
I think the new song with Lisa is a tribute to her mother, and her mother's passing. She is promoting an avenue of business for funding Ovarian cancer support/funding.

@QVCalm 

Oh wow!  How sweet I didn't realize this.

Thank you for posting to let everyone know!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JasoninBoston wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

Aren't we all entitled to voice our opinions within reason, on any thread that's started?  Not everyone will agree to gush on all LR threads. 

If OP doesn't have Facebook, then how were they aware of this music video?  And I still think LR needs to sing upbeat music or whatever.  I won't be told what threads to respond to or not respond too.  Afterall this is Community Forum.  Put anything music on entertainment. 

@Suziepeach 

Although you have never expressed any kindness to me, here is your answer:
you don't need a FB account to view Lisa's posts on FB.  It has to do with her privacy settings.So I do look at her posts from time to time but I can't post there because I don't have an a FB account.

@JasoninBoston I respectfully disagree about never expressing kindness to you, I've never said anything against you (of which I will not put up an argument) only that I don't agree with people being told to only "gush" about LR and no opinions allowed.  I'm sure you're a nice person, I just happen to not agree about such a fascination/obsession about a former tv sales person.  I am happy you are so enamored with her but this is a community thread and the moderators are the ones that choose what stays and what goes.

And yes I am well familiar with how not having a Facebook account goes and how one can look at her stuff..

Sorry you feel I've never expressed kindness to you- we've never spoken so how can that be.

PS My Mother also had ovarian cancer that had metastasized.. it's been since Christmas of 86 and I still grieve for her..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I love this song, I believe it's from the broadway show Waitress by Sara Bareilles. This is a popular song sung on American Idol and The Voice.

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I love this song, I believe it's from the broadway show Waitress by Sara Bareilles. This is a popular song sung on American Idol and The Voice.

@Jordan2 

Oh!  I didn't realize it was from Waitress. 

I have wanted to see that ever since I heard about it from YouTube!!

I am so happy to learn this!!

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@JasoninBoston was it you on the thread that got poofed? I saw a notification from you, but before I could read it, it vanished into thin air!

Esteemed Contributor

@Suziepeach 

Well said ... and respectfully said.  I couldn't agree more.

Sox

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@Suziepeach 

Well said ... and respectfully said.  I couldn't agree more.

Sox

Thank you @SoX .  Smiley Happy

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee