Honored Contributor

Its a fine day here in the Middle Rio Grand Valley (Albuquerque).  It's hot as heck and we've got two forest fires North of us.  The prevailing wind is blowing the smoke straight down the middle of the valley.  One of the fires is only about 25 miles away in the Jemez Mountains and many people, their pets and livestock have been evacuated. I knew this summer was going to be bad. 

Are you roasting too? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Wow is  this is a early fire season for NM?? Ours are later in August usually,with all the Spring run off and added rain I am hoping it will not be so bad in North Idaho.. Stay safe.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 Wishing you the best! Hope those fires turn away from you or, better yet, die out completely! It's crazy hot here in Nashville, but I'm grateful that there aren't any fires to worry about.

Trusted Contributor

Beautiful day here in central NY.  Cool and rain in early am then up to sun and low 80s by noon.    Wish we could send some of our excess rain to NM.   Our spring has been cool and wet with water hindering the farmer's field work at times.  I will stop complaining about our cold and snow.

@Kachina624.  I hope this is not a forecast for the balance of your year.    Will be praying for the safety of all and a quick stop to the fires.   I have never seen fires this large nor known anyone who has.  The news stories show the devastation but no pictures could relate the pain had by those living the horror.   

Honored Contributor

@spud188 wrote:

Wow is  this is a early fire season for NM?? Ours are later in August usually,with all the Spring run off and added rain I am hoping it will not be so bad in North Idaho.. Stay safe.

@spud188  I think our worst fires have occurred in June.  Starting about the first of July, we get monsoon rains from the South which cool things off a bit and help douse fires.  At least that's the way it's supposed to work; who knows what will happen? 

Honored Contributor

104' here and Sat. might be a record setter they're saying.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

104' here and Sat. might be a record setter they're saying.

@SharkE  And to think I spent a summer in Amarillo without any air conditioning.  I bought a big Sears box fan and that was it.  I don't think it was as hot back then, summer of '64.

Honored Contributor

In the high 50's here and raining so nope, not roasting at all!

Respected Contributor

😥Forecast is for 124 Tuesday and Wednesday in my area !

Honored Contributor

Stay safe @Kachina624. Be prepared to run for the hills if necessary!!! 

NC has had several hot weeks in a row w/ thunderstorms and flooding in some areas. 

There used to be a spring and a fall. Now it seems we jump more from Winter to Summer. 

I love the the colder weather...can always add another sweater and brave the elements, but when the heat hits, I tend to hibernate. Ahhhh. A/C!