Esteemed Contributor

Re: Loved My Christmas Music Today!

[ Edited ]

I also love holiday music!!   Have been listening off and on since October.  Love the oldies - White Christmas, Silent Night, Let It Snow, Beginning To Look A lot Like Christmas, Baby It's Cold Outside and others.  These songs bring back so many memories....family, school days etc.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom 

I listen to Christian contemporary music year round and it is wonderful. I haven’t started listening to Christmas music yet but I know my radio station will start playing it on Thanksgiving. While I enjoy it, I have noticed I get more out of my regular Christian music so I will make the effort to seek that out at home. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had to run into HomeGoods to pick up a new dog bed.  They have all of the Christmas goodies displayed. 

While looking at some of the ornaments, another shopper, browsing the holiday fare, was singing Christmas carols very quietly.  I guess she was inspired.  It actually brightened my day.  She was having such a great time too really enjoying her Christmas music.

It's the little things.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

I Re: Loved My Christmas Music Today!

I agree about being uplifted listening to Christmas music.  I have so many CD"s  and enjoy each and every one.  My favorites are Sinatra, Johnny Mathis, Doris Day, Keely Smith, Dean Martin and Sarah Vaughn. However, all Christmas music is meaningful especially the classics!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Re: Loved My Christmas Music Today!

@spiderw wrote:

I agree about being uplifted listening to Christmas music.  I have so many CD"s  and enjoy each and every one.  My favorites are Sinatra, Johnny Mathis, Doris Day, Keely Smith, Dean Martin and Sarah Vaughn. However, all Christmas music is meaningful especially the classics!

-----------

Those are some of my favorite singers too!!!  I was/am a huge fan of the Rat Pack singer!! There is nothing like a classical holiday song sung by Sinatra or Dean Martin!!

Honored Contributor

Christmas music is special.  I really enjoy it.  Today while writing out some Christmas cards, I listened to the Carpenters Christmas album.  Its a 2 CD set and I love Karen Carpenter's voice.  Found myself singing along - also noticed the cat high-tailed it under my bed when I started singing.  HAHA  Oh well, who cares, its just me and I think I sound wonderful! LOL

Frequent Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

I changed my go-to SiriusXM station to Christmas classics last week. Today, I spent more than the usual time driving my car. When I was making dinner, I realized I was feeling very happy and hopeful. I kept humming the Christmas tunes and couldn't stop smiling. Are you listening too?

Yes @PA Mom-mom!  It cheers me up! 🎄🎄🎄