Esteemed Contributor

Loved My Christmas Music Today!

I changed my go-to SiriusXM station to Christmas classics last week. Today, I spent more than the usual time driving my car. When I was making dinner, I realized I was feeling very happy and hopeful. I kept humming the Christmas tunes and couldn't stop smiling. Are you listening too?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Loved My Christmas Music Today!

I love Christmas music. I mostly listen to the old ones on 73 (I think).

I will listen any time of the year when I need a pick-me-up.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I love Christmas music. I mostly listen to the old ones on 73 (I think).

I will listen any time of the year when I need a pick-me-up.

@Mary Bailey  I think that's the one!

Honored Contributor

Magnificent Christmas music has that effect on me too, @PA Mom-mom -- thanks for mentioning.  I can never decide which I like best.  One lesser-sung one that puts me in an almost transcendent mood is the very old English (I think?) carol, "I Saw Three Ships (Come Sailing In)".   The exotic visual images, the gentle repetition, the exuberant melody ....

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  I like the cheerful mood of "I Saw Three Ships" too. However, I can't decide on a favorite. I have always loved  "The Cherry Tree Carol" and, of course, "Panis Angelicus"

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love all the Christmas music .  Brings back family memories of hanging ornaments on the tree  and  Christmas programs at school.  I play them all year long  and sing  along even when I sing out of key . My Grandson loves me to sing Silent Night  as his naptime song  after I sing to his musical teddy bear  Jesus Loves Me.

Respected Contributor

I will probably not start listening at home until the end of the month, but stores all around here are already playing the music.

Yes, Christmas music has so many beautiful and diverse melodies and always is a pleasure to hear!

Honored Contributor

began listening in early november.

i added another ECHO source to my bathroom. i can play the sirius/xm HOLIDAY TRADITIONS channel all day long AND take some extra long showers to relax. Smiley Wink it is putting me in such a good mood.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I love Christmas music!  In fact, listening to some right now as I type this... Woman Very Happy  It does pick up one's spirits ..............🌲🎵

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

There are so many things to be thankful for and listening to Christmas music is one of them. It made my cleaning this morning enjoyable!