Esteemed Contributor

Re: Love what host Katie M just said...

I liked her from the beginning. When she hosts, I always watch. She was on with Gary on Wednesday and she was great. She presents the items and always gives all necessary information. I wish she would takeover Monday night fashion. She is easy to listen to and doesn't go off on tangents. IMHO she is top notch.

Respected Contributor

I totally agree....her speaking voice is so calm....I usually mute the TV when most of the hosts are on if I still want to watch show due to interest in a item lol!  Not with her...I sure hope the higher ups don't try to change her....tell her she must become HYPER and LOUD....leave her alone she's wonderful just the way she is!!

Respected Contributor

I don't believe ANYTHING that ANY host says about ordering a product.  It is a sales technique for the customer to think "the item must be great if the host is ordering it."

They have to see all the merchandise they will be showing BEFORE a show even airs in order to be prepared for it.  I don't know if QVC has rules as to when a host can order a product.  They may be able to order something whenever they want it.

I wouldn't believe a thing they say about ordering anything!

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

I guess I am an old timer... but I seem to remember that the Hosts were not allowed to order until the bitter end, leaving the supply for the audience.  

Perhaps it is a sales ploy to say THAT I HAVE ORDERED THIS.  And I am wondering if the vendors give them samples for their very own.  (not sure of this however but thoiught I heard this or read this).

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette

do u really believe that? I'm sure the vendors give the hosts FREE products/clothes - so they could do a better job of selling it.

Honored Contributor

I usually see her in the overnight hours.  Fortunately for her, with some other hosts on vacation she's gotten a shot where more people can see her.  She's doing a great job.

Honored Contributor

Katie is a pleasure to watch!

http://www.boomunderground.com/fads_2_SmileyFace.jpg

Honored Contributor

@kivah. Yes, I really believe what she said.  Especially when you compare that with other hosts who yell at the producers to order now (during the presentation) for them...even though I recognize that that particular ploy is a sales tactic.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

In agreement regarding Katie, she is a joy to watch. 

I have seen some hosts though actually talk to their producers during the show and ask that they order them their particular size.   Wonder if that is allowed or if it's just a sales tactic as others have stated.  You've got to wonder how much is real and how much is just plain acting??!!

Respected Contributor

I like Katie. She has a nice voice, no annoying habits and is pleasant, calm and professional. I think she's the best host on there.