Trusted Contributor

Re: Love this kindergarten teacher's room!

[ Edited ]

If our teachers made 1/4 of what professional sports people make, our country would be in very good shape with education, especially in the urban areas.

It's very sad that our teachers have to spend their hard earned money making education fun and interesting for their students. 

He looks like an awesome teacher.  If my daughter had him for a teacher, I would make sure that the parents got together and put money towards his hard work!

Honored Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

If our teachers made 1/4 of what professional sports people make, our country would be in very good shape with education, especially in the urban areas.

It's very sad that our teachers have to spend their hard earned money making education fun and interesting for their students. 

He looks like an awesome teacher.  If my daughter had him for a teacher, I would make sure that the parents got together and put money towards his hard work!

That is a wonderful classroom and he certainly appears to be a great teacher, but comparing teacher salaries to pro sport salaries is apple to oranges.

Athletes aren't paid by your taxes, teachers are.  You want teachers to be paid more work to have your state taxes raised to do so.

And good luck with that!

Respected Contributor

Wow - that's so nice.

@Mellie32, you have to store things at home?  That's awful...

Honored Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

@Qshopper1991 Not all public school teachers are poorly paid.  They do quite well in my local school district as well as the sourrounding ones.

An example is someone that I know made over 100k as well as her husband before retiring.  Both were elementary specailsits and their combined salaries were over 200k...not too shabby.

Respected Contributor

What grade does he teach? 

He has a really big classroom.  He's wearing a nice outfit!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

@Qshopper1991 Not all public school teachers are poorly paid.  They do quite well in my local school district as well as the sourrounding ones.

An example is someone that I know made over 100k as well as her husband before retiring.  Both were elementary specailsits and their combined salaries were over 200k...not too shabby.

Here start at 30k.

Honored Contributor

I care more about the teaching/learning, than the room itself. The room is nice and he spent a lot of his own money.

Honored Contributor

This reminds me very much of the Kindergarten room my son had (now 21 years old). Most of his early elementary classrooms were like this plus they had a reading loft. 

A classroom and what is in it, and how those things are used and  accessed has so much to do with how kids learn, how much they learn and how much they want to come to school and learn.

This man reminds me of many of the teachers my son had. Very involved, forward thinking, and excited to teach. 

Respected Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

Wow - that's so nice.

@Mellie32, you have to store things at home?  That's awful...

Yep.  I have totes (like he has) for every holiday (3 for Christmas) and celebration (like Dr. Seuss' birthday).  I just lug them to school when I need them and take them back home when I'm done.  Yes, it stinks.

Respected Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

What grade does he teach? 

He has a really big classroom.  He's wearing a nice outfit!

He's a kindergarten teacher.