Esteemed Contributor

Love Zulily but interesting situation

I love Zully and I am a faithful customer.  Customer service is second to none.  With this said... my credit card was compromised... and I called my credit card company and they cancelled the number and issued a new one.  Thought that would work... nope.  a week or so later someone used the old card number on Zulily and they honored it. My credit card company also honored it. Cannot figure THAT ONE OUT. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Love Zulily but interesting situation

Offhand, I'd say your credit card company screwed up bigtime.  What did they say?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I love Zully and I am a faithful customer.  Customer service is second to none.  With this said... my credit card was compromised... and I called my credit card company and they cancelled the number and issued a new one.  Thought that would work... nope.  a week or so later someone used the old card number on Zulily and they honored it. My credit card company also honored it. Cannot figure THAT ONE OUT. 

Now this is a scary situation. You might want to lock your credit for awhile with the credit reporting agencies. Send both Zulily and your credit card a registered lettered about this. Keep copies. 

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu 

Thanks for the heads up.  In the past I've ordered many Zenana swing knit tunics (my at home uniform) at unbelievablely low  prices, but they're quite a bit higher now.

If I do find something I'll watch the billing closely.

Hope you get your issues resolved soon!

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

Bottom liine they both seemed to blame the other.  Zulily said the card was "on file"  And the credit card company just transferred me to fraud division and said they would remove the charge.   

The person who used my card lives in Wisconsin.  I have his (her) full address.  However I really wonder if that would do any good reporting them to the authorties.... which authorities?  Not a pleasant feeling.  

I do watch carefully daily.  I catch everything but.. I am going away for two weeks.... foreign travel and I don't want to come home to more fun and games. 

Never happened to me before.  I just cannot believe the company that froze my card accepted it.  And Zulily might have the best excuse because it was on file as my primary card.  

i am wondering what to do if I want to buy something else.  

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu. Credit card companies approve every purchase so Zulily really wasn't responsible because they would have been told it was approved.  They had no way of knowing the backstory.  If you want to buy something else, use your new or another credit card.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, Kachina626 I think you are totally right.  Zulily could not have known.  Chase has always been RIGHT ON.  They must be asleep on the job.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu

Can you remove your CC from your Zulily  account while you are away on your trip? 

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Bottom liine they both seemed to blame the other.  Zulily said the card was "on file"  And the credit card company just transferred me to fraud division and said they would remove the charge.   

The person who used my card lives in Wisconsin.  I have his (her) full address.  However I really wonder if that would do any good reporting them to the authorties.... which authorities?  Not a pleasant feeling.  

I do watch carefully daily.  I catch everything but.. I am going away for two weeks.... foreign travel and I don't want to come home to more fun and games. 

Never happened to me before.  I just cannot believe the company that froze my card accepted it.  And Zulily might have the best excuse because it was on file as my primary card.  

i am wondering what to do if I want to buy something else.  

Since you have their full address, you could contact local law enforcement, FWIW

Not sure it would help you but the person using your card maybe someone they are building a case on.

I'm not suggesting you do this, I'm only replying to your query,

Honored Contributor

Our bank tells us to report when we will be traveling outside the area so charges from us are not flagged as possible fraud.  This is a small regional bank, not one of the biggies.  I can't think of anything worse than being overseas and having your card inoperative.