Esteemed Contributor

Love, Love, Love My New Amazon Echo From QVC

I had been seeing these advertised everywhere and, while I was curious, just couldn't "step". After getting hooked into one of the Today's Special segments, I was so sold, I couldn't order fast enough. She (Alexa) came yesterday, I set her up, and I am beyond thrilled. Aside from everything else it is capable of doing, the music sounds like a several thousand dollar stereo system. My dh and I had so much fun last night asking questions and requesting certain songs and artists. What a blast !! Worth every penny.

woohoo.jpg

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Re: Love, Love, Love My New Amazon Echo From QVC

I've had my Echo for quite some time now and thoroughly enjoy it, even though it does much more than I utilize.   I've since even gotten an Echo Dot for my bedroom.

Honored Contributor

I have the 2nd gen DOT which I got last Dec from Q.

It's a hoot as well as my own personal assisstant.  I recently purchased a bluetooth speaker for the kitchen as I keep my DOT in my bedroom.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette I've wondered about the Dots. Do they work off of the Echo? Can't understand when I see them advertised. TIA

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pattypeep You do not need an Echo for the Dots to work.  Not as full-featured as the Echo. 

Edited to ad:  Just did some comparison doing a google search.  Sounds like the Dot does just as much as the Echo.  

Esteemed Contributor

Echo keeps getting better and better with new skills constantly becoming available.

I don't use Echo as much as I should but there are two things that have become essential to me--the askmybuddy skill and now the Alexa calling and messaging feature.  Both could be a lifesaver if I have a medical emergency and can't get to the phone. 

I was thrilled when I learned that the calling and messaging feature does not require your contact to have an Echo or Dot, just the Alexa app.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
QVC Customer Care

@pattypeep

Oh, so glad you are enjoying your Echo! I got one last year for Christmas and I love it!!!!! Starts my day off right....over coffee I get the weather and traffic reports and then all the news!

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@pattypeep

Oh, so glad you are enjoying your Echo! I got one last year for Christmas and I love it!!!!! Starts my day off right....over coffee I get the weather and traffic reports and then all the news!

Beth QVC

@Beth-QVC

Flash Briefing is "da bomb!!!!" Smiley Very Happy

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I keep looking at the Echo and I read great reviews for it, but I am baffled by what it does or doesn't do.

I can't figure out how I personally would use it.  I have an i-Pad with Seri and very seldom use Seri.  Heck, I have very few icons on my i-Pad because I prefer to use Safari.

Besides the weather, time and music, what else would I use an Echo for? Is it just for fun and novelty, a luxury item?  Maybe I am way too practical?