Honored Contributor

Re: Love Costco!!!

[ Edited ]

A coffee maker should last more than a year and a half, so Costco did the right thing.

Love Costco.  My city hasn't had them for that long, relatively speaking (maybe 10 years?) and I love shopping there.  I don't return much but there are no questions asked when I do (and I do return food items if I don't like them).

All that said, the CS people at both Costcos in my city are grumpy.  They take things back readily enough, but are surly to customers, and there is always a long line to return something.

Esteemed Contributor

Large and Small appliances have a 2-year warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years ago, I purchased a 2-pack Sonicare Electric Toothbrushes. A couple of weeks before the 2 yr expiration, the 2nd holder stopped working - and I retuned them to Costco.

Respected Contributor

It's actually not always easy to get anyone at Amazon and someone who speaks English clearly!

Honored Contributor

We are big Costco shoppers and happily carry their branded Visa card as well.  Even though it's just DH and I at home we still find it a great savings shopping in their warehouse and online, but not only for groceries.  We've always had great customer service with them.  We need a new refrigerator immediately (long aggravating story).  I did a price comparison on the same model among 5 stores and they were all in the ballpark.  Thursday morning, I was rechecking something on the Costco site and the refrigerator was suddenly on sale for over $300 less.  I placed my order immediately.  By purchasing from Costco and using my Costco branded Visa, not only do I get the Costco rebate on my purchase and the Visa rebate on my purchase, my 2-yr. manufacturer's warranty is extended another 2 yrs.  We weren't really planning to replace our kitchen appliances yet so I'll get the fridge now and get the matching dishwasher and range in a couple of months.  They will come from Costco too.

QVC Customer Care
Respected Contributor

Unlike Sam's Club, that has HORRIBLE Customer Service.  Almost every employee there looks miserable, has an attitude,  and appears to never have been trained regarding servicing the customer.   Sam's is about 2 miles from my house so it's very convenient.  Costco is close to my work,  but I put in a LONG day and when I get out of work,  I want to get on the tollway and GO HOME, not to Costco.   

I used to belong to BJ's and Costco when I lived in Jersey,  but first joined Sam's when I moved to the northern burbs of Chicago.  I saw immediately that the product selection and prices were not as good.

I'll have to reconsider my membership. 

Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

@SeaMaiden  My daughter worked at Costco in the customer service department for a few years.  I was amazed at some of the things she would tell me - people returning things after having them for a few years - yes, years and a refund was issued.  Didn't matter how long ago it was purchased.  People would buy a big screen tv right before the super bowl and return it after the game.  

Isn't that awful. People are just low down and trashy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Love Costco!!!

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

It's actually not always easy to get anyone at Amazon and someone who speaks English clearly!

Oh pleez !

Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 @I just do all of my chatting with amazon online and have no problem and they have great customer service too.

Honored Contributor

I love the Costco return policies....it’s the only place I will buy small appliances like Keurig. Haven’t talked DH into one yet...but if I do, I will buy it there....plus the prices are always less. I have seen them take back things from customers that I know other places would never accept. Makes the membership fee well worth the cost.