Re: Loughlin's Daughters Still Enrolled At USC

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I don’t believe they ever planned on going to classes. I guess if they weren’t caught, it wouldn’t matter if they kept up a passable GPA at all. 

Most colleges and universities have attendance requirements.

Was USC overlooking all of this?

Really depends on the university, many are very liberal concerning class attendance however must be there for tests.

Not sure the children should be punished for the crimes of their parents.  If they are doing well and maintaining the grades, they should be allowed to continue.

It doesn't sound like they have been attending from the very beginning.  How can you take tests or complete assignments if you're not even there?  Why should they be allowed to continue?

If they are not taking test and completing course work they would not be in good standing with the University.  While I do not agree with how any of the children got accepted, they are there now.  If they are doing well they should be able to continue.

Doing well? 

They probably shouldn't have graduated from high school...

Not sure how you know all these children shouldn't have graduated High School, but OK.  Colleges have academic requirements.  If they do not keep their grades up they will be asked to leave.  I very high percentage of incoming freshmen get weeded out that first year.

One of them admitting to never going to her classes in high school.

I don't know how you can be graded when you don't show up.  Do you think they belong in college in any way, shape, or form?  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I don’t believe they ever planned on going to classes. I guess if they weren’t caught, it wouldn’t matter if they kept up a passable GPA at all. 

Really depends on the university, many are very liberal concerning class attendance however must be there for tests.

Not sure the children should be punished for the crimes of their parents.  If they are doing well and maintaining the grades, they should be allowed to continue.

It doesn't sound like they have been attending from the very beginning.  How can you take tests or complete assignments if you're not even there?  Why should they be allowed to continue?

If they are not taking test and completing course work they would not be in good standing with the University.  While I do not agree with how any of the children got accepted, they are there now.  If they are doing well they should be able to continue.

Doing well? 

Not sure how you know all these children shouldn't have graduated High School, but OK.  Colleges have academic requirements.  If they do not keep their grades up they will be asked to leave.  I very high percentage of incoming freshmen get weeded out that first year.

I don't know how you can be graded when you don't show up.  Do you think they belong in college in any way, shape, or form?  LOL

I do not know them and choose not to make judgements about them.  They are children caught up in this whole mess.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Doing well? 

I do not know them and choose not to make judgements about them.  They are children caught up in this whole mess.

I think some of the students didn't know what their parents were doing.

When you are going to college because you are on the rowing team and you don't row, you are complicit and not caught up in the whole mess. 

These two I don't feel sorry for at al...

Esteemed Contributor

Your choice, not mine.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Regular Contributor

If these girls are paying to get into the university you can bet they are paying someone to pass the classes for them as well.  Low life cheaters

Honored Contributor

I think that all who cheated to attend should leave voluntarily and reapply next year using  their own merits.Maybe they can spend the time getting themselves ready to reapply and definitely plan to feel better about themselves achieving something they earned. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@CrazyDaisy I don't agree that even if they were doing well that they should be allowed to stay.  I think there are a LOT of students who got turned down by the university that would do well if they got in.  It is not fair to those students that the cheaters would be allowed to stay, even if they had all A's.  It has to be fair from the get go.  Great HS students can bomb out once they get to college.  And so-so average students can excell once they get to college.  It happens all the time.  If you have standards to get in, they should be maintained and applied evenly to every application.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Have they been charged with anything?  How many Junior and Seniors in High School suddenly join clubs they have no interest, try out for sports, volunteer at local charieties just to include on college applications. 

Uh that's slightly different than photoshopping yourself into rowling photos when you've never rowed and being accepted as a row recruit. Oh and also bribing someone to let it slide through. Your excuses for them are quite comical.

Joining a club and trying out for a sport is not the same as claiming to be on a non-existent rowing team. lol

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbella262 wrote:

If these girls are paying to get into the university you can bet they are paying someone to pass the classes for them as well.  Low life cheaters

You know that for a fact or are just spreading evil rumors?

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

I think that all who cheated to attend should leave voluntarily and reapply next year using  their own merits.Maybe they can spend the time getting themselves ready to reapply and definitely plan to feel better about themselves achieving something they earned. 

I agree earning something on you own is an accomplishment, however some of these children are not in their first year.  If they have done well to this point, I think they have already proved something.