Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Loughlin's Daughters Still Enrolled At USC

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I don’t believe they ever planned on going to classes. I guess if they weren’t caught, it wouldn’t matter if they kept up a passable GPA at all. 

Most colleges and universities have attendance requirements.

Was USC overlooking all of this?

Really depends on the university, many are very liberal concerning class attendance however must be there for tests.

Not sure the children should be punished for the crimes of their parents.  If they are doing well and maintaining the grades, they should be allowed to continue.

@CrazyDaisy  Both kids said they didn’t want to go to college. One lost all of some endorsements she had after this. I read an article that said they are furious with their parents. Edited to add, one said she was there to party.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I don’t believe they ever planned on going to classes. I guess if they weren’t caught, it wouldn’t matter if they kept up a passable GPA at all. 

Really depends on the university, many are very liberal concerning class attendance however must be there for tests.

Not sure the children should be punished for the crimes of their parents.  If they are doing well and maintaining the grades, they should be allowed to continue.

It doesn't sound like they have been attending from the very beginning.  How can you take tests or complete assignments if you're not even there?  Why should they be allowed to continue?

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@CrazyDaisy  Both kids said they didn’t want to go to college. One lost all of some endorsements she had after this. I read an article that said they are furious with their parents.

Didn;t say they had to stay, just that these and the other students who are already attending should be allowed to continue as long as they are in good standing with the University.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

It doesn't sound like they have been attending from the very beginning.  How can you take tests or complete assignments if you're not even there?  Why should they be allowed to continue?

If they are not taking test and completing course work they would not be in good standing with the University.  While I do not agree with how any of the children got accepted, they are there now.  If they are doing well they should be able to continue.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Super Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I think it should be a case by case basis.  But these 2 girls posed for crew pictures even though they weren't on a crew team, so these 2 girls knew they were cheating to get into USC.

Trusted Contributor

A student that qualified to begin with should be there, not them.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@donovan wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I think it should be a case by case basis.  But these 2 girls posed for crew pictures even though they weren't on a crew team, so these 2 girls knew they were cheating to get into USC.

Have they been charged with anything?  How many Junior and Seniors in High School suddenly join clubs they have no interest, try out for sports, volunteer at local charieties just to include on college applications. 

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@donovan wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Have they been charged with anything? 

That has nothing to do with it..

They never qualified to attend this school.

They knew they didn't qualify to attend this school.

If you say her video, daughter Olivia readily admitted that she was not attending classes, she was too busy doing other things.  Colleges have requirements for grades and attendance.

Hopefully, they'll never be admitted to another college.  Their future might be punishment enough, without being charged with anything.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

If they are not taking test and completing course work they would not be in good standing with the University.  While I do not agree with how any of the children got accepted, they are there now.  If they are doing well they should be able to continue.

Doing well? 

They probably shouldn't have graduated from high school...

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Doing well? 

They probably shouldn't have graduated from high school...

Not sure how you know all these children shouldn't have graduated High School, but OK.  Colleges have academic requirements.  If they do not keep their grades up they will be asked to leave.  I very high percentage of incoming freshmen get weeded out that first year.