Honored Contributor

Lots of mourners are paying their respects

I see quite a few strings of pearls. The flowers are lovely, and the church is beautiful. A fitting tribute to a lovely lady

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5639239/Barbara-Bushs-casket-Houston-church-thousands-mourne...

Respected Contributor

Re: Lots of mourners are paying their respects

[ Edited ]

for a short period of President George H.W. Bush actually greeted some as they made their way to the casket.   very amazing.

Respected Contributor

I'm at work and can't watch it- but thanks for posting the link...the flowers are beautiful....RIP Mrs. Bush
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Once people are gone, you hear all the things that you wish you knew sooner.

It just amazes me to find out all these wonderful things of this woman, this sweet soul.  I learned today that her CODE NAME given to her by the secret service was

TRANQUILITY....her secret service head that was with her often reported that her code name was absolutely perfect.  Such sweet stories for such a gem of a Lady !

@cherry, thank you for the post, beautiful flowers and photo.

Honored Contributor

It just about brought me to tears seeing George H. W. sitting there in front of his wife's casket, greeting people.

I just can't even imagine losing someone I'd lived with and loved for 72 (73?) years.

Esteemed Contributor

What a lovely woman: Tranquil, confident, humorous, wise, strong, good character, loyal, generous, forthright. 

Her children honor her; husband adores her. She spoke truth to her president husband and president son. She wasn't afraid to speak against her own political party. Respect.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I thought the casket and flowers looked just like her.  Both were tasteful and beautiful.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Really lovely. She was true to herself and a caring and humble lady.  

Respected Contributor

I love his purple socks! They match the beautiful purples in the flowers draping her casket.

God Bless this grieving husband and his family. What an incredible life he and his beloved Barbara have had.