Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lost my temper & did something about it

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@Spurt

Well, I guess AARP isn't above collecting, selling and using our information? 

and adding to the bombardment are all of the junk emails! TONS of it!

Maybe those people who move out somewhere off of the grid are not so nutty after all.  

I am am shocked that we have no expectation to privacy anywhere at anytime 

@Carmie

I'm not.

If somebody wants to find out something, anything about you, they will.

ETA:

If you want a real eye opener, I highly suggest that you watch Morgan Spurlock (from "Supersize Me" fame), when he had his show "Inside Man" on CNN.

He did two episodes titled "Big Data", and "Privacy", and if you watch those (they should be available on Netflix, I would think) you'll see just how easy it is to know anything about anybody today.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2  I checked out  Morgan Spurlicks way to find out info on people.  I looked at my info and my DH's info.  There was nothing on there that I hadn't seen online before.

Some of the information listed  was not even correct.  There were addresses we never lived at in cities we never even visted and family members we never heard of.

yes, our address and the outside of our house is shown.... public info.

The phone number listed was not familiar to us.  My DH hardly ever uses the internet for anything except e-mail and surfing,  he never even orders anything on line.

neither one of us has ever had a social media account.  You can find his work history because it is public info.  There is nothing like that for me that is true. I worked for a private employer, not the government. I don't live in Canada and I not a journalist, the last names listed for me were never used by me.

All of the information I have seen on line before...even the incorrect stuff.

I am not 100% comfortable about what is out there, but there is noting a I can do about it.  Funny that our correct phone number is not out there that I can find...anywhere.

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie,

Thank you so much for sharing your issue and the solution to it. You did not lose your temper, you were assertive and took action.

Furthermore you are helping us to prevent those unwanted calls🌻.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Spurt

Well, I guess AARP isn't above collecting, selling and using our information? 

and adding to the bombardment are all of the junk emails! TONS of it!

@LTT1  I've never joined AARP for that reason and a few others.  I never got those solicitations. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment