Respected Contributor

Lost my mom to Covid 19 yesterday

[ Edited ]

She was 88, had been living in a nursing home on hospice and had heart disease. My sister is in the same nursing home with Parkinson's and  they shared a room together. My sister tested positive first and then mom several days later and they both were admitted to the hospital the same day with increased respiratory distress but she is doing well, never on a ventilator and back at the home now recoverying . My mom was  on a ventilator then off of it but was not able to recover. Mom had 10 children, 8 of us left and I know she is in heaven with her mom, no more suffering.  This virus has been so hard on nursing homes, the home they were in has been on lockdown for over a month no visitors but  the virus got in anyway. Please continue to stay safe and follow the cdc guidelines everyone.  I have been staying at home only out once in the past 3 weeks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lost my mon to Covid 19 yesterday

Please accept my sincere condolences for your loss. My prayers for you and your family.

Respected Contributor

Re: Lost my mom to Covid 19 yesterday

@Goodie2shoes 

I am so sorry.  My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear mother and am thankful for your sister's recovering. Wishing you continued good health.

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother...it's never easy, no matter what the circumstances. You'll see her again someday!

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry. I hope your sister has a good recovery. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry for the loss of your mother.  Please know that the prayers of many are with you at this time.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so very sorry for the loss of your mother. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   So sorry for the loss of your sister. 

Respected Contributor

So sorry for your loss. May the good memories of her comfort you in this time.