Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Cougar a.k.a. mountain lion a.k.a puma = all the same animal, just different names for it.

I had no idea they were the same animal.  Learn something new all the time!

Respected Contributor

There was one on our street last week. We notify each other on next door. Most of us keep our pets inside, but it is a warning to bring in pets if they are allowed out. They are gorgeous.

Honored Contributor

If this one visited my back yard, I'd sit tight and just call Animal Control.  

I would really be more concerned if it was a skunk or two ... or three.   Yikes!

Respected Contributor

Aww, maybe it's the ears but he doesn't look like a bad sort of fellow just then.  He DOES look like a lost cat.  If I had one of those siting on my back deck my first order of business would be to find a Nice sturdy wrought iron door protector.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

If this one visited my back yard, I'd sit tight and just call Animal Control.  

I would really be more concerned if it was a skunk or two ... or three.   Yikes!

I have a skunk that likes to wander through my back yard. It doesn't bother me, and I certainly don't bother it. 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819 Here kitty, kitty, kitty! I love that meme!🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣!!!!

Respected Contributor

Whatever it's called, DH would want it.

He once decided upon a Canadian Lynx or bobcat - luckily I talked him into a bengal cat.

Recently NatGeo Wild featured a Sand Cat...NOW he wants one of those :::rolling eyes:::

Cats - Sand Cat Family Transparent PNG - 800x600 - Free Download on NicePNG

Denise
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

Whatever it's called, DH would want it.

He once decided upon a Canadian Lynx or bobcat - luckily I talked him into a bengal cat.

Recently NatGeo Wild featured a Sand Cat...NOW he wants one of those :::rolling eyes:::

Cats - Sand Cat Family Transparent PNG - 800x600 - Free Download on NicePNG

@denisemb 

I've seen photos of these several times, but it was called an Israeli Sand Cat.   They are desert dwellers and their numbers are dropping.  Beautiful animals!

Honored Contributor

I saw Sand Cats while in Israel.  They are really cute, but they are feral.  Really wild.  Because they're an old race of cats, cat fanciers are in to them.  But it's against the law to capture them, let alone sell them.  They are all over the place.  A lot of them have interbred with domestic cats (lots & lots of cats there.....not too many dogs though)  Sand cats remind me of the British "cobby" cats with their rounded faces.  There are desert cats too with more triangle shaped faces.   

Sand cat - Wikipedia

Honored Contributor

@songbird   I saw one of these in my garden, gave me a mean look and vanished, lol, thankfully not on my deck.