Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Everyone accrues vacation.

I wouldn't take their gruelling schedule, no matter what they pay!

@ECBG Ask your highway patrol officers, local cops, firemen, military, garbage collectors and they will jump fast at that grueling schedule!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

So many new posters...can't help noticing.

Yes I noticed that starting last week when it all went down. Interesting 

I don't watch QVC, don't have the time and even if I did it wouldn't be my viewing choice. Especially if everything about it bothered me so much, there are so many other options out there these days.

I did watch some Kathy Levine on QVC 2 just to see her.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

I have a different view on this.  I don't feel it's wise to "announce" your house being empty for a certain week as you will be in ......wherever.   Opens you up for burglary, just sayin.

I'm always thinking of security.

Esteemed Contributor

My take on the OP was hope there would be changes in presentations with the focus on product over personal is a lost cause.  Product focus is clearly a lost cause in regard to most of the remaining hosts.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

I find most interesting the fear, resentment,  distrust of new posters.

More, more, more new posters!

Let's Go!

Post early and often!

Valued Contributor
Sandra is a great host.
Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I have a different view on this.  I don't feel it's wise to "announce" your house being empty for a certain week as you will be in ......wherever.   Opens you up for burglary, just sayin.

I'm always thinking of security.

I was thinking that too!  Why would you want a lot of strangers to know that you won't be home?

Esteemed Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

It's not the taking of the vacation.  That's a benefit that they certainly are entitled to.

I think it was the excessive flaunting of the trip on television this week when 395 non-on air  coworkers were terminated. 

It certainly smacked of elitist privilege and excess to me.  My feeling of course.

Maybe just keep it low key for a bit of time.

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes Seriously?  Working hard and earning vacation time and being able to afford to go on one is privilege?  They absolutely have earned vacation time and should go wherever they please.

Now maybe they should have kept it to themselves, but this in no way was "elitist privilege."

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor
Most people don't have money to save for vacations...yes it is in fact a privilidge! But I guess some just don't see it that way!
Esteemed Contributor

For me, I don't care one bit about their personal lives.  I don't care to hear about their spouses, sons, DAUGHTERS, pets, houses, taste in music, or vacations.  Just please present the products.  A few stories or whatever are okay once in awhile, but some hosts do way too much sharing.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead