Trusted Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I posted before and I will post it again. The older hosts were held to a higher standard. They didn't  act stupid ,or do a hard sell.

THIS.

Valued Contributor

Re: Loss of Jill Bauer

[ Edited ]

I watched a pro this morning presenting with Linea: Mary Beth Rowe. Always polished, well prepared, and unassuming. She did not put lip gloss on over and over during her presentation, she did not take her shoes off and jump on the couch, she did not feel the need to change into every single piece of clothing presented, and she did not scream out  in a voice that would wake the dead! Please give “Mary-Beth-Rowe” classes to the new crop of hosts. 

Honored Contributor

Couple of times she got kind of testy with the customers. I'm not blaming her, but just thought she shouldn't had gotten so , rowd up. Either something she had read in reviews or read on a board somewhere, but, I remember going "God ! somebody got told". Then, she had knee surgery and I knew she was on borrowed time after that. Wgt gain goes along with that.

Lisa Mason had trouble with her eyes she had trouble seeing and reading and I knew she would probably be gone. Plus, she had family concerns.

I can pretty well pinpoint who will retire next, but, won't  say who.

Trusted Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@Equuleus wrote:

People get stuck in a time warp.  Things change, time goes on.  You either go with the flow or move on  QVC will survive without Jill just as they did when past hosts went in other directions. 

It's not a time warp.

It's way of doing business that worked vs a way of doing business that is not working.

The people come and go.  Standards must remain.

Yes, "things change" but if it's not broken, don't fix it.  I think we are seeing a deadly combination.  People in management are trying to flex their weak muscles but they have no clue what to really do.

I think there is a lot of hand wringing going on in the corporate suite right now. 

I don't pretend to know how to run a business.  It must be hard.  "Management" should be qualified and able to make changes and see the problems.  A host leaving is not the be all and end all of QVC staying in business.  No one is indispensable.

Respected Contributor

The title of this thread scared the " carp" out of me for a second! Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

It's a great loss; QVC may not recover.  Smiley Happy   Just kidding.  Jill is good compared to the current host crop.  But her schoolmarm manner was a turn-off.

Honored Contributor

Re: Loss of Jill Bauer

[ Edited ]

Jill will be the first departing host that I'll actually miss.  She always does an outstanding job, is always well-prepared, is always pleasant and personable.  She has been quite an asset to QVC.  Whatever it was that caused her to leave must have been serious.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Jeanne from VA wrote:

I watched a pro this morning presenting with Linea: Mary Beth Rowe. Always polished, well prepared, and unassuming. She did not put lip gloss on over and over during her presentation, she did not take her shoes off and jump on the couch, she did not feel the need to change into every single piece of clothing presented, and she did not scream out  in a voice that would wake the dead! Please give “Mary-Beth-Rowe” classes to the new crop of hosts. 

I hate to tell you this but Mary Beth has trained some if not all of the new people.

Either they are not listening or she is not passing on her expertise.

Esteemed Contributor

Excuse me for repeating myself but........ perhaps she's abandoning a sinking ship.

Honored Contributor

@alarmclock wrote:

@Jeanne from VA wrote:

I watched a pro this morning presenting with Linea: Mary Beth Rowe. Always polished, well prepared, and unassuming. She did not put lip gloss on over and over during her presentation, she did not take her shoes off and jump on the couch, she did not feel the need to change into every single piece of clothing presented, and she did not scream out  in a voice that would wake the dead! Please give “Mary-Beth-Rowe” classes to the new crop of hosts. 

I hate to tell you this but Mary Beth has trained some if not all of the new people.

Either they are not listening or she is not passing on her expertise.

she has even been training at QVC italia.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein