New Contributor

I can't believe, like hundreds of others have written, that we are losing yet another quality host. I am happy for her and her family, but like others the new crop of salepeople has really taken a downward spiral. Thank goodness we still have David, Carolyn, and Mary Beth plus a few other good folks, but all the new "it's all about me" hosts frankly I won't watch. The show started out about the products, but only the old timers do that anymore.

Respected Contributor

It is understandable when a long-time host decides to move on.  No one stays at a job forever.  However, I agree that the new hosts are just not the same, as QVC is just not the same.  I don't blame the new hosts, they are probably being coached this way.  However, it is not for me.  I can honestly say I don't watch anymore, but I do use the website.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

People get stuck in a time warp.  Things change, time goes on.  You either go with the flow or move on  QVC will survive without Jill just as they did when past hosts went in other directions. 

Occasional Contributor

I hate to read that Jill is leaving as well.  So many of the hosts spend their time telling us all that they wear a size (zero) or a XXS, over and over and over when I don't really care what size they wear and I surely don't care to hear it multiple times during one product demonstration.  

Honored Contributor

I thought this was going to be a RIP thread with the way the heading is......

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I thought this was going to be a RIP thread with the way the heading is......

Bad choice of wording for sure.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden I agree!!!  I thought maybe she had died!  A better way of phrasing the thread would have been nice.

Trusted Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

People get stuck in a time warp.  Things change, time goes on.  You either go with the flow or move on  QVC will survive without Jill just as they did when past hosts went in other directions. 

It's not a time warp.

It's way of doing business that worked vs a way of doing business that is not working.

The people come and go.  Standards must remain.

Yes, "things change" but if it's not broken, don't fix it.  I think we are seeing a deadly combination.  People in management are trying to flex their weak muscles but they have no clue what to really do.

I think there is a lot of hand wringing going on in the corporate suite right now. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Loss of Jill Bauer

[ Edited ]

I've read many threads about the "personality" of new hosts and being honest, since I rarely watch QVC (I order online and may then watch a presentation) haven't noticed this "all about me" issue.

That said, is it really all that surprising that the new hosts ARE all about "me"? That attitude is found everywhere daily in real life. It's the #1 complaint I hear from teachers, from friends who are in social work, from nursing staff and hospital employees (I spend a lot of time in hospitals). The new hosts are a reflection of what's out there in society so, no surprise.

Each person has the choice to accept it or not.  Make your choice.

As for Jill leaving, I wish her well. As for the "older" hosts vs "newer" hosts, you know QVC keeps track of the numbers watching which host; show them who you prefer. 

Honored Contributor

I posted before and I will post it again. The older hosts were held to a higher standard. They didn't  act stupid ,or do a hard sell.