Respected Contributor

Loss of Jill Bauer sounds like she died!

I do like her and will miss her. She is one of the very few that I can watch and dont mind hearing their voice.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:
I don't believe for a second that Mary Beth actually "trains" new hosts. It's an urban myth and legend. Sure, she may hold a few sessions, mentor a bit, but to believe that she is in charge of training makes me guffaw.

@Johnnyeager  I've thought about this as well.  Especially since I started seeing different new hosts' social media pages where they talk so extremely effusively about one of the more tenured hosts and call them their mentor at QVC.

I think Mary Beth goes through the technical chores of being a host: studying homework about new products; building relationships with vendors; how to work with the producers, crew & stylists, what to do on office days, etc. 

My bet is that once all the technical stuff is done, the mentors take over to try to meld them in their own image (Kerstin, Rachel, and Mary DeAngelis are all mentors to the new hosts).  I truly believe that is why so many new hosts pick up certain habits, until they are confident enough to be themselves, or to know what is good versus what is best ignored.

Honored Contributor

I rarely saw Jill Bauer ... I guess she did vendors / products that I"m not interested in watching,  

Honored Contributor

I'm sure Jill's husband has a good job and they can probably live comfortably on his salary. Not so for Leah and Jennifer Coffey who are single and Amy Stran who has a house husband. I'm sure they will do as they are told to keep working.

Super Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:
I don't believe for a second that Mary Beth actually "trains" new hosts. It's an urban myth and legend. Sure, she may hold a few sessions, mentor a bit, but to believe that she is in charge of training makes me guffaw.

@Johnnyeager  I've thought about this as well.  Especially since I started seeing different new hosts' social media pages where they talk so extremely effusively about one of the more tenured hosts and call them their mentor at QVC.

I think Mary Beth goes through the technical chores of being a host: studying homework about new products; building relationships with vendors; how to work with the producers, crew & stylists, what to do on office days, etc. 

My bet is that once all the technical stuff is done, the mentors take over to try to meld them in their own image (Kerstin, Rachel, and Mary DeAngelis are all mentors to the new hosts).  I truly believe that is why so many new hosts pick up certain habits, until they are confident enough to be themselves, or to know what is good versus what is best ignored.

I think you're completely right about this @Caaareful Shopper.

Honored Contributor

When's her last day?

Respected Contributor

@SharkE   Evening of June 10th.

Valued Contributor

To most of us, it is all about purchasing online and when the hosts can't make it about the product like the new hosts, than one does purchase from qvc, but goes to the mall so they don't have to hear the screaming and interruptions.  There is something to say about classic salespeople, and Jill Bauer was one of them. She can't be replaced.  

Honored Contributor

Jill's last show is June 12th at 10:00 p.m.

Not sure why someone who commented that Jill leaving was no great loss would care when her last show is.

Honored Contributor

Re: Loss of Jill Bauer

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper This is from Rachel Boesing's FB page.  It was posted with a picture of her and MBR.

Mary Beth Roe QVC is a fellow Minnesotan, and all-around wonderful woman. She is the host who trains all of us "newbies." Whenever I have a question, I ask herSmiley Happy