Contributor

I totally agree with you and all the others who have commented seem to agree too (here's my 2 cents!).  QVC is not the same.  Some talk about change is good.  No it is not.  QVC does not need young, self-absorbed, it all about me hosts.  I too cannot and will not watch Amy Stran (dear God, please help us) actually dancing on the set, thinking she is so adorable, cutesy, etc.  And a lot of the newer younger hosts are no better.  Those of us who are posting these have every right to post them.  We are long time QVC people.  We know the demographics of QVC.  As a host, you host. Period. You don't act stupid or cutesy or scream out about things and squeal about items.  Carolyn and Mary Beth and Jill do it right. Like they ALL used to do before this latest crop.  Albany was great too...and she's gone now as we all know.  Show the product, do your homework about the product (that is what you are paid by QVC to do as a host), speak in a normal voice, be real...and that is it.  I am even upset with Jane of late.  What has happened with her?  Now she is all dancing on the set, acting cutesy, talking incessantly about her daughters, being effusive...no need for this.  QVC is going to do what it wants to do. I get it.  They seem to feel that this new "casual" and young approach is the way to move forward (by the way, FriYay [even that name gets to me] with the playing board games and sitting around eating the food is ridiculous) and if that is the case, like many others that have posted here (i.e. their main demographic audience), I rarely watch QVC anymore whereas it used to be on at least some of the day every day in our home.  I just watch ITKWD but even that now I don't watch entirely.  I just buy online if the price is reasonable (again, don't get me started on their pricing compared to just 8 years ago!).  So QVC good luck with your new programming.  You've lost me and many others.  Screaming, squealing, get togethers on the couch talking about what you've done over the weekend, self-absorbed behavior, lack of good common sense knowledge and delivery of item being shown (God bless Carolyn and Gary - Garolyn), spaced out rantings (Shawn), etc.  just don't go over well in our household.  Maybe this thread should really be titled "Loss of QVC!" 

Honored Contributor

Re: Loss of Jill Bauer

[ Edited ]

@curled up in bed wrote:

Mary Beth was so kind to my daughter (who is the beauty director for GH, as well as other magazines). When she was on air with LR for a few Christmas shows she did with her.  She took to her as a mother, took her around, and tryed, to no avail, to get my daughter to host, even coaching her through a trial screening.  My daughter loves her job, where we live in jersey, she travels the world's regularly, and is on national TV at least once a month, she was just on the today show Monday, very great news for IT cosmetics 👍 and just shot her third episode of DrOz, just some I can think of offhand.  But the moving, hideous hours, sometimes for years, only benefit was ok pay, but trust me, it's nothing great until your sales techniques are bringing qvc some darn good bucks.   She didn't give it a second thought, but she does go there from time to time for events, that sort of thing. When work sends her,  But would never want to work that type of job. It's really stressful, something I don't think everyone understands. 

@curled up in bed 

There are certainly a lot of other jobs a lot more stressful --LOL....and once they have  some experience QVC pays their hosts well to boot, if someone finds the job too stressful there's thosands of others that come to their auditions and want the job despite the stress...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

No loss

Valued Contributor
I don’t watch anymore either & rarely purchase anything. QVC has gone way downhill.
Respected Contributor

Since I rarely watch the Q, I don't care who's hosting.  Best wishes to Jill Bauer for her future endeavors.  

Honored Contributor

Oh, no .....   Has Jill already left?   

Honored Contributor

I will always remember Jill's presentations in the heyday of QVC. She was one of my favorite hosts and she used to be fun to watch.

I no longer watch QVC except when I am channel surfing and it has nothing to do with the hosts but everything to do with the stale programming and merchandise.

I am thankful that Jill was around when the merchandise was interesting. I purchased quite a bit from her back then.

I wish her well in her new endeavors....

New Contributor

So sorry to see that Jill Bauer is leaving. 

Sandra Benett is a terrible host!  I will not watch her, she is all about look at me!

Trusted Contributor

I have a hunch we are going to see Jill pop up with Phillip Watson. They always made a good pair.

Phillip is upstarting some sort of plant business and he posted an elusive comment about Jill.

We shall see.

Trusted Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

People get to "know" a host.  Especially if they enjoy them and see them for 25 years. Yes, people move on.  But you miss them.  Especially now since professionalism is scarce, and items descriptions are rare.  I remember when I quit watching waiting 20 mins for them to show the inside of a handbag.  They never did.  I still miss Kathy Levine and Steve Bryant!, Judy Crowell.  i haven't watched QVC in 19 years.  I do buy online. Lots! 😽I used to watch 24/7 back in the hey day of qVC.  I do rememBer Jill's first night.  I think Jeff ( thanks for the Jeffrey) introduced her.  I remember her first pregnancy too.  She must have been newly married when she started QVC  because she spoke of her wedding often. Especially when they had Balboa Bakery, and the celebration cake.  She was always professional.  Just a cutie, and so sweet.

Jill was not married when she began at QVC.  She and husband have a son together, but the daughter is her stepdaughter.  Jill used to say she had a bonus daughter.  She also sadly suffered a miscarriage after her son's birth.  I've always enjoyed her presentations and wish her well; she will be missed, as are all the former hosts.  The younger hosts are part of their own time and culture.