Contributor

Mary Beth was so kind to my daughter (who is the beauty director for GH, as well as other magazines). When she was on air with LR for a few Christmas shows she did with her.  She took to her as a mother, took her around, and tryed, to no avail, to get my daughter to host, even coaching her through a trial screening.  My daughter loves her job, where we live in jersey, she travels the world's regularly, and is on national TV at least once a month, she was just on the today show Monday, very great news for IT cosmetics 👍 and just shot her third episode of DrOz, just some I can think of offhand.  But the moving, hideous hours, sometimes for years, only benefit was ok pay, but trust me, it's nothing great until your sales techniques are bringing qvc some darn good bucks.   She didn't give it a second thought, but she does go there from time to time for events, that sort of thing. When work sends her,  But would never want to work that type of job. It's really stressful, something I don't think everyone understands. 

Regular Contributor

I agree that Jill Bauer leaving is a loss. I rarely watch QVC anymore but one host I turn the channel on is Jennifer Coffey!! I dont even know all the new hosts but Ms. Coffey & Shawn are two hosts I can do without.

Regular Contributor

Sometimes you just need a change. Jill has been at QVC a very long time.

Maybe at 50 years of age she wants a different path. It’s not a bad thing. 

Good luck to her.

Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know where Jill is going? She will be missed,

Regular Contributor

Agree whole heartedly.  The new so called hosts is why I rarely watch Q any more.  Surely there are some qualified people out there tthat Q could hire. Put some of the untalented  new designers and the new hosts together and I can't watch.

Visitor
I agree. Several of the newer hosts “all about me” approach is a big turn off hard to believe certain ones have not been asked to tone it down. They aren’t as knowledgeable or as fashionable as they think. Constantly posing and modeling for the camera. I thought they were there to aide the presenter - it’s not their show.
Trusted Contributor

I honestly don't want some young kid (I'm 63) telling me what to wear, how to act or the proper application of cosmetics.  They are glorified You-Tubers, whom I avoid like the plague.

Honored Contributor

@VeronicaF wrote:
I agree. Several of the newer hosts “all about me” approach is a big turn off hard to believe certain ones have not been asked to tone it down. They aren’t as knowledgeable or as fashionable as they think. Constantly posing and modeling for the camera. I thought they were there to aide the presenter - it’s not their show.

@VeronicaF. Actually, I think all the hosts not just the newer ones have been told to tone it UP. They are acting like goofy grammar school kids. 

David and his Fri yay, vendors sitting playing games and drinking wine er juice.

Hosts all seem to be dancing around and acting crazy.

Trying to attract the young crowd! Ha! Good luck with that. They don’t even watch.

Esteemed Contributor

@sashamatthews wrote:

I honestly don't want some young kid (I'm 63) telling me what to wear, how to act or the proper application of cosmetics.  They are glorified You-Tubers, whom I avoid like the plague.

@sashamatthews 

Frankly, I think the Q is telling us they really don't want the older shoppers anymore ... that they're going after the Millennials and, reluctantly, the GenXers.   It's apparent from all the new "blonds," in the tight-fitting jeans, that we're being relegated to the "also rans."

So, with the exception of a few new jewelry items I've ordered lately (fallen in love with the designer Simon Sebbag) ...  I'm taking my money elsewhere.  

Let Mike George have his new group of shoppers ... and let's see how long he stays in business with this fickle bunch.

Respected Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

People get stuck in a time warp.  Things change, time goes on.  You either go with the flow or move on  QVC will survive without Jill just as they did when past hosts went in other directions. 

Jill probably RETIRED.

Nothing wrong with that.

I hope she enjoys herself.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."