Trusted Contributor

Re: Los Angeles to Host 2028 Summer Olympics!!!!

I am NOT happy about this.  What L A  did way back in '84 was shut down the city.  I know, it's my home.  Work times were not as usual if at all.  Huge numbers of people left the area for a few weeks.   Yes, we have the infrastructure more so than almost all other cities, but it is going to be  a miserable time, and I love watching the Olympics.  

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

as an LA resident who lived through 1984 i am glad i won't be here for this - L A was a different city entirely back then. anyway  i will soon be moving to Southeast for a million different reasons, one being the horrendous traffic here.

Born, raised and lived all my life in LA until last year. I too was glad to get out. All the things that make it great are still there, it's just that the things that now make it less desirable are now more than the good things.

Too many people. Too many cars.  Too expensive to maintain a roof over your head. It makes me sad. I love "my" city. But dang, I really hated the day-to-day, month-to-month struggle to survive that it's gotten to be for the less than wealthy. My last 15 years were...heck :-(

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde  i couldn't agree more. well, as it is written, "to everything there is a season..."   we knew some wonderful years in L A .

Honored Contributor

Boston had the good sense to say no to that horror show and the tax payers of MA were grateful for that.  So, I don't really care what city hosts the Olympics.  If  Los Angelinos are happy, I am happy for them.