Valued Contributor

Los Angeles Apparel Face masks

My daughter just sent me a picture of herself, getting ready to walk her dog. They both look so good! I particularly loved the fact that she is wearing one of the cloth masks I purchased for her from LA Apparel. Smiley Happy

It reminded me that I wanted to thank the poster here that first mentioned these. I beieve the day they posted about them I ordered them for my daughter. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see her wearing one, and doing her part to prevent spread in anyway she can. 

That was a great Mother's Day gift, so poster (whoever you are).......

THANK YOU! And may you have a great Mother's Day too Heart

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

Re: Los Angeles Apparel Face masks

@SunSprite 

I bought some of LA Apparel's masks and they are very nice, comfortable and they have a wire inside the part that goes over your nose that you can mold to your face.  I like that.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot   I'm glad to hear you like yours. My daughter mentioned that they are very comfortable and if you want to insert a coffee filter or something similar they will accomodate. 

I really like the idea that they are cotton, as we get blooming hot here in the south. 

I think I will order some for myself, for when my disposable ones wear run out. Kinder for the environment too I would think. Smiley Happy

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

Where are they for sale at?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Another company in Southern California making masks is the lacrosse company stringking.  They fit well and delivery is pretty fast.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Where are they for sale at?

@goldensrbest 

Losangelesapparel.net

Contributor

Another vote here for the Los Angeles Apparel masks and thanks to the poster who originally mentioned them here.  I’ve washed them on the delicate cycle in a mesh bag and air dried them and they came out fine.  As comfortable as something on your face when you’re not used to it as they can be.

Honored Contributor

I just went and looked at these and have questions. From the info given the novelty prints are made different from the solid color ones. The novelty ones are made from scrap fabric and have a cotton lining inside to be soft against the face. The solid ones are French terry but from some reviews I cant tell whether those are also two-ply. Some say they aren't. I'm also wondering whether a filter can be put in both kinds (solid and novelty).Any feedback on my questions from those who own these? There are also complaints that the elastic is thin and breaks easily.

Contributor

I bought the 3-pack solid color masks and they are French terry.  There is no pocket to insert a filter, but I suppose you could cut a paper coffee filter to fit the inside of the mask.  The elastic that goes around the ears is thin, but securely attached to the mask itself and so far hasn’t broken or stretched out.  I’ve worn each of the 3 masks once and machine washed each one once (on delicate in a mesh bag) and they’ve held up nicely .  When I bought mine, there weren’t a lot of choices for masks to be found anywhere.  I see a ton of homemade cloth masks for sale on Etsy now.

Honored Contributor

Received my first set of 3 masks from LA Apparel the other day. Liked them so much I ordered more.