Respected Contributor

Re: Lori Vallow Daybell Found Guilty

I don't think women who kill their own children are looked at with much regard by other inmates. I hope she gets a warm welcome from them when she is locked up. She deserves the death penalty, but life in prison will be the least she deserves. 

Super Contributor

I hope the zombies come and get her in there and her whack job psycho husband too.

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Esteemed Contributor

Hope they put her in a dark hole and leave her. What a poor excuse for a human being.

Respected Contributor

An eye for an eye.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower    They'll probably put her in solitary confinement, protective custody if you will.  That can be a very lonely place, torture in itself.  Convicts don't like fellow prisoners who've injured or killed children.

NOW you're gonna get it!

Esteemed Contributor

I've just watched about 1/2 of Dateline's one of their investigation. What a monster!

Trusted Contributor

@sugar plum wrote:
From what I remember, back in March a judge ruled that she won't receive the death penalty.

The death penalty was "taken off the table" as a sanction against the State for failing to meet a Discovery deadline by one day.  However, it may have been a wise ruling since the case was entirely circumstantial and the death penalty may have been an obstacle to the jury voting guilty on all counts.

Lori still faces conspiracy for murder charges in Arizona for the shooting death of her husband Charles Vallow.

Lori's current husband Chad Daybell faces murder and conspiracy to commit the murders of JJ, Tylee, and his wife Tammy Daybell separate from Lori. 

The same judge severed the cases due to a speedy trial violation for Lori.  Chad waived his right to a speedy trial and his trial is expected to happen around June of 2024.  

The case was tried by prosecutors and a judge who had no experience in a case of this complexity.  It is a wonder it went as well as it did, though many errors were made and appeals are expected.

Respected Contributor

I watched Dateline last night.....what a story...How bout the way she sat there with that smug look on her face during the trial? 

All could think when I turned off the light for the night was...

Thank GOODNESS religious zealots like her don't try to tell the rest of us how to live...

O wait. 

Never mind.

Honored Contributor

How did she kill her children?  Did she use a gun?

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

How did she kill her children?  Did she use a gun?

No cause of death could be determined for Tylee, due to the condition of her remains.  She was dismembered and burned prior to being buried in pieces in a pet cemetery in Chad's backyard.

JJ was determined to have died from suffocation.  He was found with duct tape wrapped over his mouth and face, around his arms and legs, and a white plastic bag over his head. His entire body was then wrapped in black plastic trash bags. He was likewise buried in Chad's back yard.