Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin pleads guilty!

@shoekitty 

I have relatives who are realtors in California. I asked them about this, and they said it is not true. Residents do NOT have to have moved out before their home is being shown. One has been showing homes with the owners there, not only before but even during the pandamic. She was surprised to find out that her job is considered "essential."

@shoekitty wrote:

I think money is a worry t them.  I think the tried to sel their home thispastJanuary, early Feb for 28 million  the home cost more when they bought it than many celebrities with bigger names than her for sure.  The place I huge and showy fo 4 people. They live in Charles Bronsons old home whe he was married Jill   Lori renovated it big time.  They listed for 29 million... They might have had to take it off market.  Homes in CA can only be shown if the residents have moved out.  The housing market isn't tha bad, but it is for properties over a couple million.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Wsmom Unless you live here in CA, please don't assume that everything you hear about our state is true.

I do live here in CA.  No assumptions; fact.  

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Wsmom Unless you live here in CA, please don't assume that everything you hear about our state is true.

@Linmo, good luck with that. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

In California the virus is a get out of jail free card for much worse crimes than this so I can see where they would think they wouldn't have to serve time in jail.   

Shoekitty said:  so what are we Californians getting away with?

They are being released from prisons early.  The state prisons have the more serious offenses.  The county jails are also releasing, and arrests are resulting in cite and release.   

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@Linmo, good luck with that. :-)

I repeat, I do live in CA.  Born here, lived my whole life here.   I actually worked in criminal courts in CA for a career which may be why I am more attuned to what is happening in that respect.   I watch the local news and listen to my sheriff on the subject; watch the news and listen to one of our judge's addressing it.   I only wish that what other people say about our state was not true.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@shoekitty 

I have relatives who are realtors in California. I asked them about this, and they said it is not true. Residents do NOT have to have moved out before their home is being shown. One has been showing homes with the owners there, not only before but even during the pandamic. She was surprised to find out that her job is considered "essential."

@shoekitty wrote:

I think money is a worry t them.  I think the tried to sel their home thispastJanuary, early Feb for 28 million  the home cost more when they bought it than many celebrities with bigger names than her for sure.  The place I huge and showy fo 4 people. They live in Charles Bronsons old home whe he was married Jill   Lori renovated it big time.  They listed for 29 million... They might have had to take it off market.  Homes in CA can only be shown if the residents have moved out.  The housing market isn't tha bad, but it is for properties over a couple million.  

Shoekitty said

well, I live in California My family is in the business  in BH, Bel Air and around Santa

Monica  and also West Hills and Topanga .,they are strict there.  .  Or they did as of last week  also, in Santa Clara County they do. The Bay Area and Los Angeles have the strictest rules.  Most of California has relaxed.   Clients have moved out and you can schedule an appt  However, not all counties  do this....but Los Angeles did .  Realtors have had a hard time  they weren't even allowed to fill out unemployment until a couple weeks ago.  But homes have been selling, we have 2 homes in our area that sold.  Our neighbors moved out.  Staging came in at beginning of Covid shelter in place  and both homes sold in a couple weeks. They are still empty though, for what reason I cannot say

Esteemed Contributor

It's a COVID COMMUTATION. This was the perfect time to plead guilty. First, because they ARE guilty. More significant, however, is that non violent folks are being sent home from jails and prisons to avoid pandemic spread. If there were ever a chance to avoid jail time, this is it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoekitty I don't think that money is a problem for them, even after all of their legal bills and Lori's loss of income. Mossimo sold his Target clothing line a few years back for $80 million.  And I'm sure that Lori had raked in the bucks with her Hallmark series and Full House residuals before this happened.  I had previously read that they like to buy a house, remodel it and then sell and start over again.

ETA:  Just heard that their sentencing date is Aug. 21.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Linmo wrote:

@shoekitty I don't think that money is a problem for them, even after all of their legal bills and Lori's loss of income. Mossimo sold his Target clothing line a few years back for $80 million.  And I'm sure that Lori had raked in the bucks with her Hallmark series and Full House residuals before this happened.  I had previously read that they like to buy a house, remodel it and then sell and start over again.

Shoekitty said   Well certainly as we uncelebrity people are concerned, they aren't suffering.  Lol.  He sold the Target, and they made a great living.  They also put millions into te house they are selling now.  They had to have lost quite a bit in investments.  Also, he hasn't done much in the last several  years.  Lori makes a decent living, but I am sure she is paid contract on a SAG level.  Her money is in reruns and dvds and licensing   Which she still makes money on her old shows, especially Full House.  I guess what I am saying  is their income has really taken a hit.  The home they are selling they put on market 2015 or 2016 for 35 million, didn't sell.  Now it is on sale for 27 million  they bought for about 7.5, put several million into it ....  there is a tidy profit in there , lol

by the way.  The home is gorgeous  I haven't seen it but in photos.  But you can see the property from the Bel- Air Bay Club...if you look up  ...lol  the property is sprawling  just tree lined and lawn  oh my