Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin home burglary

@lovescats wrote:

@Duckncover wrote:

I am not sure what more some of the posters want from Lori and her husband. They did the crime, they did the time. Isn't that enough? Why take glee in the fact they were victims of a crime? 

I don't think there is any glee but there also isn't much sympathy either   They pleaded not guilty

I don't think anyone is taking any glee @Duckncover .  As @lovescats stated, there just isn't much sympathy for them. 

It's terrible for anyone to get robbed.  Hope law enforcement is able to catch these criminals.  

Respected Contributor

No glee? 

"Maybe she paid someone to do it so they could collect on the insurance."

"Could be karma."

"It's difficult to feel sorry for her."

"Boo hoo"

"What goes arounds comes around."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sushismom wrote:

No glee? 

"Could be karma."

"Boo hoo"

@Sushismom - yep! And some of them claim to be morally superior & 'spiritual' (religious). 

They take glee in stalking celebrities, hosts and vendors to post gotcha' comments, photos, mean spirited comments, including the shaming of their children. 

It's repulsive. But hey, in their own eyes, they are judge and jury bc of their superior qualities ...

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:

@GabbyAnn    There are many young poor men and women serving a lot of time in prison for mistakes but who aren't celebrity and don't have money for expensive lawyers.  They are paying dearly for their mistakes some of them not even major offenses 

Defendants who don’t have funds for legal counsel are able to get representation.  They may not be able to choose the attorney, but they do have access to legal counsel.  Just wanted to clear up any misunderstanding.

Justice looks very different for the poor. 

No, the choice of attorney may be limited but there are excellent attorneys available to defendants, both private and public.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@Snoopp   yes but most of the time they are public defenders with overloaded cases and the defendants DO NOT GET proper representation.  So you did not clear up any misunderstanding 

You are incorrect.  Private attorneys are also assigned.  

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Sushismom wrote:

No glee? 

"Could be karma."

"Boo hoo"

@Sushismom - yep! And some of them claim to be morally superior & 'spiritual' (religious). 

They take glee in stalking celebrities, hosts and vendors to post gotcha' comments, photos, mean spirited comments, including the shaming of their children. 

It's repulsive. But hey, in their own eyes, they are judge and jury bc of their superior qualities ...

@Chi-town girl   aren't you doing the same thing?

Trusted Contributor

I must be really out of touch as I just can't imagine anyone keeping a million Dollars worth of jewelry in their home. What was she thinking?

Super Contributor

I would have to say that in my opinion NO ONE "deserves" to be victimized regardless of who they are or what they may or may not have done.

Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

maybe they would get more money this way than trying to sell them

@lovescats   @Duckncover 

Are you serious ????     Woman Surprised

Lori and her husband are now convicted felons, and in the process of trying to rehabilitate their careers and reputations. 

Do you HONESTLY think they would now risk MAJOR INSURANCE FRAUD?   Another major felony and what would amount to a total disaster for the family.  

They are worth approximately $150 million jointly.  If they needed some cash, don't you think they could just get a loan or sell something?  

Some of the things people come up with on here really make me wonder ....  SMH.

Respected Contributor

@speedy girl "I must be really out of touch as I just can't imagine anyone keeping a million Dollars worth of jewelry in their home. What was she thinking?"

A million dollars worth of jewelry might be two or three pieces considering how much they spend on jewelry.  Megan Fox's engagement ring was reported as costing $400,000.