Re: Lori Loughlin home burglary

Yes bad things like this only happen in CA

Must be difficult to have a false sense of security and superiority
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:

@GabbyAnn    There are many young poor men and women serving a lot of time in prison for mistakes but who aren't celebrity and don't have money for expensive lawyers.  They are paying dearly for their mistakes some of them not even major offenses 

Defendants who don’t have funds for legal counsel are able to get representation.  They may not be able to choose the attorney, but they do have access to legal counsel.  Just wanted to clear up any misunderstanding.

Justice looks very different for the poor. 

Honored Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

Yes I read every cast member from Full House was at the funeral. What a wonderful show of love and respect for Bob Saget.

@Duckncover 

And, unfortunately, what a perfect time for thieves to ransack their homes!   

Honored Contributor

@GabbyAnn wrote:

My opinion probably won't be popular, but why do some people have to pay for their mistakes their entire life?  I know what she did was very wrong, there's no denying that, but she paid for her mistake.  She's now a felon.  I sincerely hope she becomes a stonger and better person.

I've made many mistakes in my life and have needed forgiveness from others.  She just lost a dear friend.  My heart breaks for anyone that's grieving.  My brother passed on Christmas Day.  Life is too short to not forgive and things happen to all of us.  Sorry, just emotional tonight. I believe in forgiveness and second chances, and very thankful God does, too.  

@GabbyAnn 

ITA with your comments.   Sometimes when I see comments disparaging Lori or others, those criticizing seem just a little too self-righteous .... as if they have never made mistakes.   

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

The first thing that came to mind was she paid someone to steal the jewelry for the insurance money.  All this time nothing ever happened and what about an alarm system?????  I do not trust this woman nor her husband.

@Katcat1 

Of course that is what you would think.   Alarm systems can be turned off, and since we don't know what kind of insurance she had, you are just speculating.  You don't seem to know the facts of the case.   There has been a HUGE increase in home burglaries in southern CA. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@4kitties wrote:

Maybe they thought their home security system was sufficient, but I cannot imagine having a million dollars worth of jewelry and not having it in a secure safe.

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

@4kitties What is her net worth?  

@Sooner 

I have no idea, but that is a lot of money.  Not to mention that some of the jewelry may have sentimental value.  My least "valuable" piece of jewelry is also the most valuable to me.  A 10k gold, black onyx ring that my father bought for my mother when they were only 16 and dating.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@lovescats   No surprise.  It's Califormia.

@phoenixbrd 

Okay, I give up .....  What is that supposed to mean?  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@4kitties wrote:

Maybe they thought their home security system was sufficient, but I cannot imagine having a million dollars worth of jewelry and not having it in a secure safe.

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

@4kitties What is her net worth?  

@Sooner   @4kitties 

Cracks me up that people so easily dismiss the loss.  It's entirely possible this was all inherited or gifted pieces from her husband's family.  

BTW, Lori's 2021 estimated net worth is somewhere around $80 to $88 million.  Mossimo Gianulli is worth approximately $70 million.   His father was very successful, so who knows what he inherited in jewelry and art?  

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

It's also odd they don't have a safe.  Sounds like plain old sleazy people to me.

@depglass 

How do you know their home doesn't have a safe?  In larger homes, have a safe (or several safes) is as common as having a dishwasher.   

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Duckncover wrote:

Yes I read every cast member from Full House was at the funeral. What a wonderful show of love and respect for Bob Saget.

@Duckncover 

And, unfortunately, what a perfect time for thieves to ransack their homes!   

Yes, but the robbery was on January 3 and Bob died on January 9, with his funeral following.  So the thieves' timing was a little off.