Respected Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin home burglary

@Tinkrbl44

yes  to me they come across as condescending and arrogant people

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 

"I can't say that I have followed these cases in great detail, but one thing keeps coming up ....  LOTS of very wealthy people all over the world make donations, contributions, endowments and even build buildings to get their kids into the colleges of the parents' choice. 

I don't know how these specifics were presented to them by the "application counsellor"  who orchestrated that fiasco, but what we don't know is how well any of those parents were bamboozled by the attitude "everybody does it" ... if they can afford to do so."

It was more than just a donation.  Lori Loughlin and her husband committed fraud by saying their daughters were athletes and that they were part of a rowing team in high school.  They even had pictures photoshopped to show that their daughters actually participated in these activities.  Felicity Huffman's offense was that she paid someone to take the SAT's for her daughter.

Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

@Tinkrbl44

@ lovescats 

LOL ... of course you would say that.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@lovescats wrote:

@Tinkrbl44

@ lovescats 

LOL ... of course you would say that.

@Tinkrbl44 

LOL?  are you like 90?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I assume if she had her jewelry box it was not sitting out in plain sight or maybe it was, but if her housekeeper was in the home while she was not there, I am sure she felt it was safe, especially since they have a security system and a neighborhood security service as well. You don't know your system isn't adequate until if fails you. Sounds like the thieves were pros and knew how to smash a window, get in, grab whatever, and get out. Also, maybe they have had a service worker in the home recently who would know which window was the easiest access to the bedroom. Could have been a TV or utility person, painter, etc. Am sure the police will be looking at everything. Her neighborhood has been targeted recently: the criminals know who has the good stuff.