Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,928
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband plead Not Guilty

I notice a lot of venom on threads like this against "rich" people.

 

Do those who post comments like that prefer a more progressive agenda, then, to close the increasing gap between the wealthy and the poor/low-income?

 

Or is just a random vent without any substance?


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,508
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband plead Not Guilty

@suzyQ3 

Rich people who act entitled like Lori Laughlin?  Yeah, there is venom.  Ordinary middle or low income people would not take her stance .  They would not have even been in her position to begin with!  Morals and integrity count-no matter what the income level.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,689
Registered: ‎05-15-2016

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband plead Not Guilty

Lori needs to stop talking. Her poor me routine is making people harder on her. She seems to have no contrition nor willing to take any blame. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,330
Registered: ‎10-26-2010

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband plead Not Guilty

[ Edited ]
 
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,987
Registered: ‎09-05-2014

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband plead Not Guilty

A few developments in the overall case:

 

Laura Janke, formerly assistant coach of woman's soccer at USC has pleaded guilty and agrees to cooperate with the prosecution in exchange for leniency.  The prosecution will seek incarceration at the low end of the scale (her crime, Conspiracy to Commit Racketeering involved taking bribes) has a maximum 20 year sentence.

 

While she was not directly involved in the admissions of Lori's daughters (that was Donna Heinel, USC senior associate athletic director), Janke's cooperation could provide additional insight into the actual process of admitting fake athletes, maybe including how far up the food chain knowledge of this ran.

 

Attorneys for 17 defendants, including Lori and Mossimo, have filed a motion asking for the prosecution's evidence.  Probably legal maneuvering but they're allowed to see it all.

 

One of Lori's daughters is said to have received a Department of Justice "target letter".  This could sway Lori and Mossimo to finally enter a guilty plea.

 

Felicity may wind up doing her time at home, it is speculated.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 29,167
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband plead Not Guilty


@suzyQ3 wrote:

I notice a lot of venom on threads like this against "rich" people.

 

Do those who post comments like that prefer a more progressive agenda, then, to close the increasing gap between the wealthy and the poor/low-income?

 

Or is just a random vent without any substance?


@suzyQ3   I think this is both a real stretch to imply, and also off topic.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,199
Registered: ‎09-18-2010

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband plead Not Guilty

@JohnnyEager   The lawyers were complaining about "discovery" because they had not received the evidence in a timely manner.  The response was it voluminous and will take some time.

 

Lawyers being paid to draw this out legally as long as possible!

 

I would love it if Felicity received home arrest!  It would annoy the living daylights out of Lori.  I would have no problem with Felicity getting home arrest and a fine which I think should be a years worth of tuition for someone who was accepted and cannot afford it.  I feel Felicity has remorse for what she did and her whole demeanor from the beginning reflects it.  Lori is another story and I don't think she will escape jail time.  But then again, who knows!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 29,167
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband plead Not Guilty

[ Edited ]

@JohnnyEager wrote:

A few developments in the overall case:

 

Laura Janke, formerly assistant coach of woman's soccer at USC has pleaded guilty and agrees to cooperate with the prosecution in exchange for leniency.  The prosecution will seek incarceration at the low end of the scale (her crime, Conspiracy to Commit Racketeering involved taking bribes) has a maximum 20 year sentence.

 

While she was not directly involved in the admissions of Lori's daughters (that was Donna Heinel, USC senior associate athletic director), Janke's cooperation could provide additional insight into the actual process of admitting fake athletes, maybe including how far up the food chain knowledge of this ran.

 

Attorneys for 17 defendants, including Lori and Mossimo, have filed a motion asking for the prosecution's evidence.  Probably legal maneuvering but they're allowed to see it all.

 

One of Lori's daughters is said to have received a Department of Justice "target letter".  This could sway Lori and Mossimo to finally enter a guilty plea.

 

Felicity may wind up doing her time at home, it is speculated.


Another update - the NY Post is reporting that Heinel has a new job now - driving for Lyft, and that her expensive house is up for sale.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,928
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband plead Not Guilty


@Pearley wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I notice a lot of venom on threads like this against "rich" people.

 

Do those who post comments like that prefer a more progressive agenda, then, to close the increasing gap between the wealthy and the poor/low-income?

 

Or is just a random vent without any substance?


@suzyQ3   I think this is both a real stretch to imply, and also off topic.


@Pearley, I appreciate your input, but I leave those things up to the moderators.


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,415
Registered: ‎11-25-2011

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband plead Not Guilty


@maximillian wrote:

The rich are entitled. period.


Boy that’s a h.u.g.e. brushstroke.

Entitlement can be anywhere with anyone.