Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband plead Not Guilty

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think it's legal strategy that will probably backfire.  She's a California girl with an exaggerated sense of her position in this world.  Being an actress of some cable tv show might be a big thing in CA but it doesn't mean darn thing in Boston where her trial would be held.  She's counting on a jury swooning over her "celebrity" status because she thinks she's up their with Beyonce or Oprah or Taylor Swift....LOL   Hence that silly display she put on outside the courthouse a few weeks ago, she was the butt of jokes on the local news stations.  She thinks if she testififes, she can turn a jury her way but she's fooling herself.  And now that additional charges were filed...the risk is just too great.  Well, a logical person would think that but she's obviously not a logical person.  

Shoekitty said

@chrystaltree  that is just the most narrow minded insulting comment  on Californians.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, and his daughters bragged about how he deceived his parents by spending his tuition money on his business....he is a “hero” to them for doing that....smh

Honored Contributor

Nothing would surprise me any more....Empire is begging for Jussie Smollett now....
Honored Contributor

They just think they are entitled. The real world knows better.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Somertime wrote:

@Johnnyeager   The lawyers were complaining about "discovery" because they had not received the evidence in a timely manner.  The response was it voluminous and will take some time.

Lawyers being paid to draw this out legally as long as possible!

I would love it if Felicity received home arrest!  It would annoy the living daylights out of Lori.  I would have no problem with Felicity getting home arrest and a fine which I think should be a years worth of tuition for someone who was accepted and cannot afford it.  I feel Felicity has remorse for what she did and her whole demeanor from the beginning reflects it.  Lori is another story and I don't think she will escape jail time.  But then again, who knows!

Lawyers being paid to do their job or it would be malpractice.  That is a routine motion for discovery and a routine reply about it being voluminous and taking extra time in involved cases. 

Felicity's fine should be funding a high school program for the State of CA (or whatever state she lives in; I assume it is CA) to prepare learning disabled students for the tests since she so flippantly used that to get her kid the extra time.  Maybe a little community service to walk in the shoes of parents who fight that fight every day of their learning disabled kids' entire education.  Go to a few IEPs and see what it really takes.  Girlfriend needs to take accountability for that IMO.

IMO that's why FH took the deal so quickly.  She was made a great offer and her atty told her there was no defense for paying people to get her daughter the LD label for the extra time and pay off the proctor to correct the test.  She can't use the "I thought I was just making a donation and that's the way it's done" defense.   What she did is every bit as vile, if not more so, as LL; there was just no plausible defense.

Respected Contributor

We have no way of knowing if Felicity's daughter has a learning disability.  I know that it is not so easy to gain extra time for a learning disability without documentation which could have been bribed as well.

A bribe is a bribe is a bribe, no matter what!  It is the judge's decision to decide and/or take into consideration the admission of guilt, remorse when passing sentence.

Esteemed Contributor

Actually, Felicity's daughter received the extra time  approval and documentation through her High School Guidance Counselor, who was not implicated in the scandal or bribery in any way.

So, it does seem that there is something legitimate there.

Honored Contributor

If this is the daughter that laughed and said it was all about game day ,and she wasn't really interested in the academic side, she  certainly might be  some what disabled

It is a shame she wasn't sent to a Jr college, to help her achieve what she was capable of, instead of knocking someone out of a chance to attend, that really values an education, and worked hard to get in

Esteemed Contributor

It was Lori's daughter who laughed and joked.

Felicity's daughter has not been public and is low profile.  I don't even think Felicity's duaghter had started college yet.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Actually, Felicity's daughter received the extra time  approval and documentation through her High School Guidance Counselor, who was not implicated in the scandal or bribery in any way.

So, it does seem that there is something legitimate there.

I read that the extra time was also set up through Singer and in fact the school counselor almost threw a wrench in it when she said the test needed to be taken at the school.  That's the only mention I saw of the school counselor.

I want to add my only point in any of this is that somehow FH is easily forgiven because she entered a plea and LL takes all the heat.   It's hard to come up with a defense for a "donation" to pay someone to take your kid's test vs. a "donation" to slip your kid into school on a team.  The comment was made that bribery is bribery.  Exactly.