Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband plead Not Guilty

@Wsmom wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Actually, Felicity's daughter received the extra time  approval and documentation through her High School Guidance Counselor, who was not implicated in the scandal or bribery in any way.

So, it does seem that there is something legitimate there.

I read that the extra time was also set up through Singer and in fact the school counselor almost threw a wrench in it when she said the test needed to be taken at the school.  That's the only mention I saw of the school counselor.

I want to add my only point in any of this is that somehow FH is easily forgiven because she entered a plea and LL takes all the heat.   It's hard to come up with a defense for a "donation" to pay someone to take your kid's test vs. a "donation" to slip your kid into school on a team.  The comment was made that bribery is bribery.  Exactly.  

Shoekitty said

it might have a lot to do with attitude and appearances.  Lori and her husband came across as extremely arrogant,clueless and not very humble.  Whether Felicity meant it or not ( she is a stellar actress). She came accross as remorseful, humble and very aware she committed a crime and was willing to woman-up.  Lori and her husband appeared to be so entitled, knowing what they did was a crime, were not going to accept a day in jail.  No one wants to go to jail, it has to be mortifying, especially for those who are used to special treatment.  that's why they have high powered attorneys.  But at least be humble, remorseful and appear to be willing to do the time....hoping inside it wont be so bad.  They put certain people in high profile accomadations.  I mean even Linsey Lohan, Paris Hilton and Robert Downey Jr spent time in jail.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re Felicity's daughter:

I reread the Complaint and it does say that: " In or about the summer of 2017, Huffman and Singer exchanged multiple emails about how to obtain 100 percent extra time on the SAT for her daughters."

On or about October 16, 2017 Huffman's older daughter received a letter from the College Board advising that she had been approved for 100 percent extended time.  Huffman forwarded the email to Singer and a counselor at Huffman's daughter high school with the note "Hurray! She got it."

It doesn't go into detail about how the extra time was obtained although the Investigators may have that information.  However, it seems that the counselor didin't disagree with the assessment.

And yes, the counselor expected to proctor the test herself at the high school, so Huffman and Singer had to scramble to find an excuse to have her tested at the West Hollywood Test Center on a weekend, not a school day (we don't want her to miss any classes), with the false planted proctor.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, some of us have speculated about this being Lori's tactic and here's a New York Post headline:

LORI LOUGHLIN AND HUSBAND REPORTEDLY WANT TO FACE TRIAL FOR REDEMPTION

Honored Contributor

Image result for press your luck whammy gif

Image result for press your luck whammy images

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

It's quite possible Laughlin's attorney advised against the not guilty plea but it fell on deaf ears.  It seems like there is quite a bit of evidence against her.  She might be angling for some sort of ignorance stance but that won't work well as a defense.

Super Contributor

She acted like the whole thing was a Publicity Stunt when walking in to 

the court house   Smiling ear to ear the whole way and signing autograghs

"How Pathetic"   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    She and her daughters seem very out of touch

with "Realtiy"      Their endless supply of $$$  has everything to do with it.

DISGUSTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

the news this morning said they are making movie about this college admissions scandal....the same producers who did one about OJ and another one ( I don't remember the other one). I can't imagine who would want to star in this!
Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Actually, Felicity's daughter received the extra time  approval and documentation through her High School Guidance Counselor, who was not implicated in the scandal or bribery in any way.

So, it does seem that there is something legitimate there.

I read that the extra time was also set up through Singer and in fact the school counselor almost threw a wrench in it when she said the test needed to be taken at the school.  That's the only mention I saw of the school counselor.

I want to add my only point in any of this is that somehow FH is easily forgiven because she entered a plea and LL takes all the heat.   It's hard to come up with a defense for a "donation" to pay someone to take your kid's test vs. a "donation" to slip your kid into school on a team.  The comment was made that bribery is bribery.  Exactly.  

Shoekitty said

it might have a lot to do with attitude and appearances.  Lori and her husband came across as extremely arrogant,clueless and not very humble.  Whether Felicity meant it or not ( she is a stellar actress). She came accross as remorseful, humble and very aware she committed a crime and was willing to woman-up.  Lori and her husband appeared to be so entitled, knowing what they did was a crime, were not going to accept a day in jail.  No one wants to go to jail, it has to be mortifying, especially for those who are used to special treatment.  that's why they have high powered attorneys.  But at least be humble, remorseful and appear to be willing to do the time....hoping inside it wont be so bad.  They put certain people in high profile accomadations.  I mean even Linsey Lohan, Paris Hilton and Robert Downey Jr spent time in jail.  

@shoekitty 

???   Wait a minute .....  has a trial started for either of these women?   Is this "coming across" you refer to on the witness stand, and under oath?   If not, for all you know, their attorneys told them to appear confident in public.

Defendants usually plead guilty, not guilty or no contest, depending on the trial strategy.    For all you know, there are plea deals being worked out for both actors ......  and  remember there are many other non-famous parents to be dealt with, as well.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  I was referring to how Lori appeared in her first appearances in court.  I think it was the plea court date.  And as far as Felicity, she appeared in court twice. Once to accept charges. The second to accept her guilt, and made a statement which was humble and remorseful. At least she came accross that way...she is a wonderful actress , lol