Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband plead Not Guilty

Not sure when the custom changed from donating big bucks for a new building on campus to get your son or daughter accepted to just defrauding the system and falsifying everything about your kids’ qualifications....so sad. 

Honored Contributor

Lori is drawing crowds of fans because she is famous... except now she is infamous. Either way, there are always those who have a fascination with someone who gets media attention.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If they thought they were donating to the school, they wouldn’t have written a check to the bogus charity that Singer used to launder money, they would have given the money directly to the school. They need to come up with a better defense than that. Did they get a receipt for their donation they used to write it off on their income tax? That’s why they are hit with tax fraud also...the IRS doesn’t play games. “Ignorance is no defense” is well-known phrase.....but it is true. They seem to think if they thought it was legal they should just be free to go. Amazing. If they are allowed to walk like Smollett was, then I have lost all faith in our Justice system....and that is sad.

Respected Contributor

And now she claims a trial will be unfair to her daughters - stigmatizing them and making them "unsafe."

Esteemed Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

And now she claims a trial will be unfair to her daughters - stigmatizing them and making them "unsafe."

Seriously? I think the daughters ought to be charged as well.  

Trusted Contributor

I just read that Loughlin’s husband, the designer, took his parents tuition money for USC, but never actually enrolled and lived in a frat house starting his design business. 🙄

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure that Lori's daughters were sent the Target Letters from the Government. Bella, the older one, shut down her Instagram account. At the very least, the girls will be called as witnesses, should there be a trial.
Trusted Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Seriously? I think the daughters ought to be charged as well.  

@wildcat fan  I agree but I read that the students had to be 18 at the time of their college admission in order to be charged. 

Honored Contributor

It is amazing to me that Lori’s defense is that she didn’t know what she was doing was cheating. Give us a break! The reports that her daughters have reconciled with parents sounds contrived to me. I think it is to make them look innocent and that they knew nothing of their parents were doing...

how do you explain the fake photos? Smh

Respected Contributor

Her defense has more holes than Swiss cheese!  Does she, truly, believe her "defense" will work when the evidence is concrete against her.  Ignorance is not a valid defense.  She gambled and lost.  Very, very poor decision on her part, she's backed herself into a corner.  Apparently lying and denial is the foundation she lives by.