Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband plead Not Guilty

Stupidity may not be a valid defense, but it's used as a defense often (especially when you got nothin' else.)

Esteemed Contributor

1- Ignorance isn’t considered an excuse for breaking the law.

2- The Feds have copies of emails,text messages & phone conversations.In addition they have testimony of the “brains” behind this fiasco,who flipped on his clients.

Good luck to her trying to beat this!! 

Respected Contributor

A bribe is a bribe is a bribe!  Ignorance is not a defense no matter how hard Lori and her husband try!  It is compounded by lying about being on the rowing team, cropped photos to support a falsehood, ie:  lying!

Consent and knowledge is what will do them in, no matter what they say at this point.  They have proved they are liars by photo cropping pictures for the rowing team.  Why would they be believed now.

I do not care how much they claim innocence, actions speak louder than words and it appears there is more than enough evidence to prove their guilt, no matter what monkey wrench their lawyers try to throw in.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Teresa Guidice from Real Housewives pulled the "my husband and attorney misled me" defense and she spent almost a year in the slammer.   I don't think that LL will get away with this without doing time.  I sure hope she gets time for this - there is no way she didn't understand what she was doing.  Even if I were rich, I sure would know where a $500,000 check was going.

Esteemed Contributor

So far the prosecution seems adamant that everyone will do some jail time, even if they plead guilty.  Felicity's agreement states that the prosecution will seek the lower end of the incarceration scale, which is 4-10 months.  I don't think that any of them will skip out on this completely.

Some of the parents' attorneys have asked for a different sentencing judge already, since one of the judges, Judge Nathaniel Gorton, is known for stiff sentencing and following the prosecution's guidelines.

Esteemed Contributor

According to my son’s law professor requests for a more lenient sentencing judge will not wash.You get who you get unless you can prove prejudice, which almost never happens.It may backfire & even anger the assigned judge,as another form of entitlement.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

She didn't know it was illegal? Hahahahaha.

Here's a sample of what was discovered in the wiretap (CW-1 is the informant):

CW-1: If you ever– ever were to say anything.

LOUGHLIN: So we– so we just– so we just have to say we made a donation to your foundation and that’s it, end of story.

CW-1: That is correct.

LOUGHLIN: Okay.

CW-1: Terrific.

LOUGHLIN: Okay.

CW-1: I just wanted to make sure I touched base because I didn’t want you–

LOUGHLIN: Yeah.

CW-1: –to all of a sudden what– like what’s this call coming from.

LOUGHLIN: Okay, yeah. Okay. Totally. All right. So– so that’s it. So it’s– it’s the IRS. It’s not anyone from USC, it’s the IRS.

CW-1: That is correct.

LOUGHLIN: Okay. Very good.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Trusted Contributor

If they televise the trial, is she eligible for an Emmy?Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Her lawyers have something up their sleeve. I don't think most of us see any way she can beat this rap, but they're clearly going to try and I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Her demeanor has been too 'business as usual', they turned down the plea deal and now they're pleading not guilty. It feels like something is up.

Shoekitty said

i heard through grapevine they are working on new defense.  They said they didnt know they were breaking the law.  They feel they were bamboozled.  They knew they might be breaking the "rules" but had no idea they were breaking real laws.  

Geesh, give me a break.

Honored Contributor

It was reported today that Lori is furious that her legal woes are being publicized....maybe she should not sign so many autographs going into the courthouse.......smh