Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband plead Not Guilty

@Johnnyeager wrote:

If they go to trial and a jury finds them Not Guilty, then she can walk.  That's how the system works.

However, I can't imagine a sympathetic jury, but stranger things have happened.

@Johnnyeager   Yeah, unfortunately we know how that goes.  O.J., and Casey Anthony for example.

Honored Contributor

REALLY???

I think the government has a great case against them! Let's stay tuned...

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I enjoyed her back in the 80's on The Edge Of Night and adored her on Full House.  Never once have I got the impression from her that she thought highly of herself for just being an actor or rich.  Nothing negative in the press just a lot of Hallmark type movies.  Smiling and signing autographs was not a good plan to say the least.  But I do not believe it came across as arrogant just more stupid.  If they want a trial jury or bench she better have a better plan than what she as been doing.  There is more to all of this story for so many including the students.

@beckyb1012  Now she's on The Edge of Jail Time.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

No judge or jury is going to look kindly on how she has handled this so far..the autographs, joking with the prosecutors, etc...now the not guilty plea? She needs a reality check...and she will get it in the courtroom...if she isn’t able to buy her way out of that also.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I enjoyed her back in the 80's on The Edge Of Night and adored her on Full House.  Never once have I got the impression from her that she thought highly of herself for just being an actor or rich.  Nothing negative in the press just a lot of Hallmark type movies.  Smiling and signing autographs was not a good plan to say the least.  But I do not believe it came across as arrogant just more stupid.  If they want a trial jury or bench she better have a better plan than what she as been doing.  There is more to all of this story for so many including the students.

@beckyb1012  Now she's on The Edge of Jail Time.  Smiley Happy

That is a good one @Pearlee 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think it's legal strategy that will probably backfire.  She's a California girl with an exaggerated sense of her position in this world.  Being an actress of some cable tv show might be a big thing in CA but it doesn't mean darn thing in Boston where her trial would be held.  She's counting on a jury swooning over her "celebrity" status because she thinks she's up their with Beyonce or Oprah or Taylor Swift....LOL   Hence that silly display she put on outside the courthouse a few weeks ago, she was the butt of jokes on the local news stations.  She thinks if she testififes, she can turn a jury her way but she's fooling herself.  And now that additional charges were filed...the risk is just too great.  Well, a logical person would think that but she's obviously not a logical person.  

I think her fan base tends to be more middle aged women from the Midwest, not California liberals. She has a very carefully crafted conservative, religious, girl-next-door image.

I think you meant CA conservatives but you are probably right about her fan base, it's limited.  But she hasn't been a girl in decades, at 50ish that boat has sailed.  She has finely crafted image for the Lifetime TV fan base which is older, conservative women.  Although, that boat has sailed too.   

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think it's legal strategy that will probably backfire.  She's a California girl with an exaggerated sense of her position in this world.  Being an actress of some cable tv show might be a big thing in CA but it doesn't mean darn thing in Boston where her trial would be held.  She's counting on a jury swooning over her "celebrity" status because she thinks she's up their with Beyonce or Oprah or Taylor Swift....LOL   Hence that silly display she put on outside the courthouse a few weeks ago, she was the butt of jokes on the local news stations.  She thinks if she testififes, she can turn a jury her way but she's fooling herself.  And now that additional charges were filed...the risk is just too great.  Well, a logical person would think that but she's obviously not a logical person.  

I think her fan base tends to be more middle aged women from the Midwest, not California liberals. She has a very carefully crafted conservative, religious, girl-next-door image.

She should have practiced what she preaches!!

Honored Contributor

I don't know where you all live but the conservative and religious folks I know are the FIRST to condemn cheating. They are not the types to turn the other cheek; it's more of an OFF WITH HER HEAD kind of fury for illegal and immoral behavior especially when it involves higher education and cheating other peoples' children (maybe even their own) from a place in a top school.

Yes Ma'am, indeed!

Esteemed Contributor

The Feds bringing charges is a lot different than the local DA/police. They don’t file charges they can’t win. They have a conviction rate of over 99 %. 

Lori isn’t facing reality.The Feds are now talking about charging some of the kids. They mean business.Lori is making it worse for herself & exposing her daughters.

Regular Contributor

Maybe she is looking for a prosecutor like kim Foxx who stupidly released Jussie Smollet???