Trusted Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband plead Not Guilty

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@suziebee1 wrote:

I think she is making a mistake.  I feel this will back fire on her big time.  It is time to face the piper, even for Aunt Becky.  She deserves to face up to her transgressions.

@suziebee1CNN just said that they are not  going to plead guilty (as in the future).  Would you please correct the title of you post.

Also prosecutors are sending letters to some of the students of indicted parents to let them know that if they knew of the schemes, they may also be indicted. 

They did plead not guilty via their attorneys'

court filings

@mom2four0418  I stand corrected.  I quoted the news channel I was watching.

Honored Contributor

From 'Full House' to the 'Big House'.

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

If they go to trial and a jury finds them Not Guilty, then she can walk.  That's how the system works.

However, I can't imagine a sympathetic jury, but stranger things have happened.

You're right.  Could be her biggest role yet.Chicago.jpg

Respected Contributor

OJ plead Not Guilty and it worked for him 

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Her lawyers have something up their sleeve. I don't think most of us see any way she can beat this rap, but they're clearly going to try and I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Her demeanor has been too 'business as usual', they turned down the plea deal and now they're pleading not guilty. It feels like something is up.

I think her lawyers are simply "buying time."  These lawyers are very highly paid and the more "billable hours" they use pursuing various issues that might mitigate her exposure to all the charges, the better from their perspective.  There are so many othe defendants involved in this scandal the lawyers probably want to wait and see what develops with the various other cases out there they may have a strategy to wait it out.

Respected Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@suziebee1 wrote:

I think she is making a mistake.  I feel this will back fire on her big time.  It is time to face the piper, even for Aunt Becky.  She deserves to face up to her transgressions.

@suziebee1CNN just said that they are not  going to plead guilty (as in the future).  Would you please correct the title of you post.

Also prosecutors are sending letters to some of the students of indicted parents to let them know that if they knew of the schemes, they may also be indicted. 

court filings

It is "breaking news" on the CNN website. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I am not sure a jury trial is going to help her . She has angered so many people, I don't think she will win many supporters, when she is in the witness box. Her attitude is too arrogant ,and she shows no remorse

But keep in mind, she's an actress, albeit, not a very talented one, but perhaps talented enough to parlay her 'girl next door wholesomeness' into convincing a jury. I would hope anyone selected to be on any jury would be more savvy than to fall for her act but you never know. I don't see how her actions can be explained away in any meaningful enough fashion to exonerate her, but there is some reason, and I believe it's more than arrogance, that she or her representatives feel she can win this case. I don't like her, but I don't think she's a stupid woman. I don't think she'd be taking this route without some reason to believe she could walk. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Her lawyers have something up their sleeve. I don't think most of us see any way she can beat this rap, but they're clearly going to try and I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Her demeanor has been too 'business as usual', they turned down the plea deal and now they're pleading not guilty. It feels like something is up.

I think her lawyers are simply "buying time."  These lawyers are very highly paid and the more "billable hours" they use pursuing various issues that might mitigate her exposure to all the charges, the better from their perspective.  There are so many othe defendants involved in this scandal the lawyers probably want to wait and see what develops with the various other cases out there they may have a strategy to wait it out.

Highly possible. They might well also be thinking they can file an appeal if she loses and then seek a plea deal. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@suziebee1 wrote:

court filings

It is "breaking news" on the CNN website. 

I was watching an ABC affiliate and they said 'CNN says that Loughlin is not going to be pleading guilty."  I guess their news feed was a couple of minutes old.

Can we just move on?

Regular Contributor

I just don't understand why they didn't just pledge the money to the school?  They could have built a building (named after themselves or "The Aunt Becky Computer Center") so the whole student body could benefit.  Then the daughters could have applied and their automatic acceptance would have just have been "understood."  This would have been legal.  I don't get it.

I will give a shout out to the "free Aunt Becky" signs when she was signing autographs at her earlier hearing. Hilarious.