Respected Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband plead Not Guilty

I don't think their lawyers have anything up their sleeves.  I do believe the decision to plead not guilty was Lori and her husband's decision against the advice of their lawyers.

Since Lori had supporters at the previous hearing as well as autograph seekers at the hotel, I think she is counting on a jury trial and because of her inflated ego as well as arrogance, she will be found not guilty.

I do not know if it will be a trial by jury or by judge.  If by jury, I can see her lawyers seeking to separate them from the rest of the pack.

If by Judge, the evidence as well as their demeanor and lack of remorse will go against them.

Hard to see how they will explain away a half a million dollars, cropped rowing pictures, claiming to be on a rowing team, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

I would think that she'd want a trial by jury.

That's her Constitutional right.

Trusted Contributor

Her arrogance is unbelievable... Cannot and never could stand her.

Honored Contributor

Well it is government's burden to prove them guilty not hers to prove their innocence.  I guess we shall see the evidence against them in the months to come.  Personally, I think if guilty just plead it and get on with it.  If you did the bribe you made a wrong decision way back then do not make it worse and make another.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I am not sure a jury trial is going to help her . She has angered so many people, I don't think she will win many supporters, when she is in the witness box. Her attitude is too arrogant ,and she shows no remorse

Trusted Contributor

@suziebee1 wrote:

I think she is making a mistake.  I feel this will back fire on her big time.  It is time to face the piper, even for Aunt Becky.  She deserves to face up to her transgressions.

@suziebee1CNN just said that they are not  going to plead guilty (as in the future).  Would you please correct the title of you post.

Also prosecutors are sending letters to some of the students of indicted parents to let them know that if they knew of the schemes, they may also be indicted. 

Respected Contributor

@suziebee1 wrote:

I think she is making a mistake.  I feel this will back fire on her big time.  It is time to face the piper, even for Aunt Becky.  She deserves to face up to her transgressions.

My take on her is that she just thinks she's special and exempt from rules.  And in denial that she's in a mess at all.

Frequent Contributor

Arrogance and narcissm has no boundaries!

Respected Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@suziebee1 wrote:

@suziebee1CNN just said that they are not  going to plead guilty (as in the future).  Would you please correct the title of you post.

Also prosecutors are sending letters to some of the students of indicted parents to let them know that if they knew of the schemes, they may also be indicted. 

They did plead not guilty via their attorneys'

court filings

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

What I heard last night was that she thought she was "Just doing what any Mother would do for her children, if she has the means."  

In a way, that is a line I can believe. Those with money have always thought that everyone, or everything has a price and it's up to them to find what that price is and offer it. 

I'm not saying it's right, just saying they seem to think they have special powers because of their money or position.

Personally, had my parents thought so little of my capabilities that they either bought my way in, or had someone cheat for me, I would have really been disappointed in them for not believing in me. You say I can do or become anything and them do that? So much for trust.