Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband just indicted with additional charge of money laundering

[ Edited ]

They said there could be additional charges coming as well...they are really “throwing the book” at them. What about the other rich and famous who have done the same thing? Or are doing it right now? They also said Lori and Huffman were throwing some of their celebrity friends under the bus who have done the same thing...to try and cut prison time. Truth is stranger than fiction!

Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband just indicted with additional charge of money laundering

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Lori Loughlin isn't very bright.

@QueenDanceALot if there was any doubt of that it was obliterated watching her cheerily signing autographs on her way to court.  Good grief.

Honored Contributor

I hope they have very good attorneys,,,,they sure need them.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok, is it just me but is it not poetic justice that the family that invented Hot Pockets (the "food" staple of college students) is involved in ths mess:

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I hope they have very good attorneys,,,,they sure need them.

@lovesrecess  Last I heard they had a great team of lawyers.

Respected Contributor

I saw that earlier this afternoon. Sorry to seem unfeeling, but, “Yea.” They had to know they were cheating and, uh, setting a fine example for their kids at the same time. No excuse. Perhaps seeing such people do some jail time will begin to deter others from doing the same thing. Letting them do a plea deal and simply pay a fine won’t make any difference. 

Honored Contributor

All laws should be applied equally to every citizen of our country. You break certain laws the same penalties should be applied based on law, not one's notoriety.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Harvard99  Martha Stewart went to jail for lying to the feds about her insider trading. If she had told the truth she would not have been prosecuted.Lori & her husband participated in a scandal that affected many innocent kids chances of getting into college.

There’s a lot more outrage here.The victims here are innocent kids who did the work & lost their place to the spoiled & entitled.Martha’s victims were more abstract if you even consider Wall Street investors victims.

I'm very aware of the differences between the two crimes.

If Stewart hadn't received prison time, the public would have been outraged then too.  So of course Loughlin just losing her career is not just.

I only mentioned Stewart as part of making my point against @Pearlee's opinion (losing her showbiz career is punishment enough).

It's absolutely not, because I think it's imperative that Loughlin (like Stewart) be sentenced in the same manner as a non famous person.  That was my point.

Many thought Stewart's career was finished and it wasn't.  People's memories are short and who's really to say that Loughlin's career can't also rebound.  Pearley's definition of adequate punishment definitely doesn't fit the crime,  at least not as far as I'm concerned.

Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Like the song says, "you got to know when to hold 'em, when to fold 'em and when to walk away".

They should've 'folded' when they had the chance, like Felicity and others.

Like most celebrities, they think that they're bulletproof where the law is concerned and I think the law is tired of it.

@KingstonsMom  “Know when to walk away, know when to run..”

Trusted Contributor

I really think Loughlin and her husband will need to find new attorneys soon.  Can't imagine she's been taking their advice as far as taking a plea or her outrageous behavior outside court in Boston last week.