Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband just indicted with additional charge of money laundering

Good. Still doen't mean they'll sit in a jail cell and if they do, willing to bet it will be VERY cushy. All comes down to the judge, in the end. It ain't over yet, folks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband just indicted with additional charge of money laundering

Their sense of arrogance & entitlement sickens me. I hope they rot in jail.Although, money does talk, doesn’t it? Well  we’ll see soon enough.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Their sense of arrogance & entitlement sickens me. I hope they rot in jail.Although, money does talk, doesn’t it? Well  we’ll see soon enough.

@NicksmomESQ   Since IMO Lori will never recover her career after this, I think her plummeting from popularity (despite all the autographs she's signing)  and not being hired as an actress is her real punishment, and will be far beyond any possible jail sentence.

Honored Contributor

Lori Loughlin isn't very bright.

Trusted Contributor

I never could watch Lori loughlin... to me she always seemed so arrogant, I couldn't stand her.

Trusted Contributor

Just watch,,, she will get interview offers, book offers and her publicist will come up with a feel sorry story for her.

Trusted Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

If you do the crime, then, do the time!

Guess it’s time to step into the real world....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Book Deals? 

Aunt Becky's Guide to College Admission?

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Plea Deals?

Co-Defendent Jane Buckingham actually wrote one: 

"The Modern Girl's Guide to Sticky Situations" in 2010.

Buckingham pleaded guility yesterday.

Honored Contributor

For those who don't like to click on links, this is from TMZ:

10:35 AM PT -- Well, prosecutors did exactly what we reported early Tuesday morning. Since Lori did not cop a plea, the U.S. Attorney went to a Federal Grand Jury to get an indictment, adding charges of money laundering. This now DRASTICALLY increases the amount of time Lori and her husband would get as a minimum recommended sentence.

Specifically, the U.S. Attorney says, Lori, her husband and 14 others will now be charged with the additional crime of "conspiring to launder the bribes and other payment in furtherance of the fraud by funneling them through [Rick] Singer's purported charity and his for-profit corporation."

The money laundering charge alone carries a maximum of 20 years in prison.

This means if Lori and her husband now want to plea bargain their cases, instead of a minimum range of 2 to 2 and a half years in prison ... prosecutors would recommend to the judge a MINIMUM RANGE OF 4 YEARS AND 9 MONTHS UP TO 5 YEARS AND 11 MONTHS.

There's also a very technical rub. Theoretically by charging CONSPIRACY to money launder, the minimum sentence could go even higher -- way higher.

Short story ... prosecutors are out for blood. 

Lori Loughlin and her husband are in a way worse position than Felicity Huffman ... because the huge amount they allegedly paid in bribes to get their daughters into USC could land them in prison for 2 YEARS MINIMUM ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected to the case tell us ... all of the parents in the college cheating scandal have been offered plea deals, but prosecutors will only accept pleas with prison time attached.  

As we reported, Felicity copped a plea Monday, along with 12 other parents. The remaining 37 individuals charged -- including Lori and her husband, Mossimo Giannulli -- have been offered plea deals, with varying recommendations for prison sentences, largely determined by the amount they paid in bribes and whether they accept responsibility for what they did. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

While not wishing anyone harm....I hope that the Sense Of entitlement that todays "Stars" feel is coming to an end.  It always drove me crazy when a Hollywood Elite was being interviewed about their newest movie....oh it was greuing...Up at 5am to get to the studio for makup, then shooting all day, and then have to work on script at night....Every single working mom does that EVERY DAY...and not for 7Million for 3 months work...