Valued Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband just indicted with additional charge of money laundering

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

I don’t think the vitriol is against these particular people, so much as a backlash against the “Hollywood community” that uses public venues such as awards shows to tell the world how socially conscious they are...When in reality, many have shown they have NO conscience when it comes to getting what they want.  

And of course its not the entire entertainment industry.....but the perceived hypocrisy leaves a bad taste in the mouths of many.

Just my thoughts.

@alicedee  Yet people still go to the movies, watch award shows, and watch TV.

High praise is bestowed upon the Hollywood elite depending upon whether one agrees about certain topics.

It can't be both ways.

There may be vitriol toward Hollywood in general but Lori and Felicity have been called some pretty downright nasty names around here. 

Including how stupid their children are.

We can all have opinions about what happened but some of the remarks have really been out of line regarding the persons themselves.

We see threads constantly started about the latest Hollywood gossip du jour; if people are so turned off by Hollywood then why do we always have to be updated about  it?

I understand what you are saying, however.

They DESERVE the names they have been called.

And their children, who MAY or MAY NOT be stupid, would probably have NEVER been accepted in to prestgious colleges. That's WHY their parents paid for their admittance. OBVIOUSLY, NOT too hard to figure out.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband just indicted with additional charge of money laundering

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Not sure who is defending Lori and Felicity??

Yeah, I'm baffled by some of these last few posts myself, @Cakers3 

@suzyQ3   I posted several times that each person in this scam should be treated equally and pay equal fines/punishment.

Just because I wouldn't call their children "stupid" or wish the accused to rot in jail doesn't mean a defense is being submitted.

The chips will fall where they may; the entertainment industry is just that-entertainment and all the other "stuff" isn't going to matter, for me.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Its one thing to want to see justice prevail and another to feel joy ,and happines,s  out of the suffering of others

When this happens your outlook, is no better than theirs , because in your heart ,you enjoy thier suffering, That makes me shudder

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@NicksmomESQ 

But how does one define ‘better than?’

And why are Loughlin & Huffman different than anyone else?

@sidsmom  They participated in a scheme to get their kids spots that they didn’t earn!! To boot they laundered their payoff money through a phony charity. Then they took that “contribution “as a charitable deduction on their income taxes. The latter is a serious federal crime. Sounds like entitlement to me.

How would you define it?

Super Contributor

E.T  is reporting Lori just thought she would only get a Slap on the Wrist!!

Really Lori????????

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@NicksmomESQ 

But how does one define ‘better than?’

And why are Loughlin & Huffman different than anyone else?

@sidsmom  They participated in a scheme to get their kids spots that they didn’t earn!! To boot they laundered their payoff money through a phony charity. Then they took that “contribution “as a charitable deduction on their income taxes. The latter is a serious federal crime. Sounds like entitlement to me.

How would you define it?

You are defining anyone who breaks the law. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom  We have differing opinions . We are just going to have to agree to disagree on this.

Have a good evening!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

Its one thing to want to see justice prevail and another to feel joy ,and happines,s  out of the suffering of others

When this happens your outlook, is no better than theirs , because in your heart ,you enjoy thier suffering, That makes me shudder

Whose outlook?  To say to each and every poster here, that they're no better than the people who committed multiple felonies is simply ridiculous.

Valued Contributor

@Ttownlady wrote:

E.T  is reporting Lori just thought she would only get a Slap on the Wrist!!

Really Lori????????

Now I read that 'story" this morning and just knew someone would come here and comment on it,

Anyone can write a story these days and say "a source" without naming said person. they could have come to this forum and read all the replies here and thoughts of people who said the same thing and then wrote that "a source" said that.  IMO, that's just BS. No one talked to anyone Lori knows who told them what Lori thought and then reported it to ET. Could have just been the random thoughts of anyone on the street.

Jornalism isn't even that anymore. It';s mostly just tweets and opinions,

I've said it before and will say again when I hear about sentences like up to 20 years in prison and people would be happy to have tha happen, it just makes me cringe. Punishment does not fit this crime. for crying out loud there are armed robbers serving less time than that! Just becaue some people think they should have the book thrown at them because they are wealthy doesn't mean their kids grow up with parents serving years in prison because of this.

As someone else said, and I agree, if those 2 names were never part of this scandal, it would have made oage one news for a couple days and then the press would move on to sometihing else. 

Honored Contributor

Do not open your heart to evil, for truly, it will make a home there

snip

Mahatma Gandhi:
“Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.”