Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband just indicted with additional charge of money laundering

Money laundering....there's a lot of that going around, isn't there? They may be indicted, but we'll see if they do time. If you've got the money, you're suddenly absolved which is the case in many different criminal cases.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin and husband just indicted with additional charge of money laundering

@beach-mom wrote:

I hope they both (Lori and her husband) do go to jail. I couldn't believe this when it first came out. I remember her from Full House - I never missed it. I haven't seen the sequel and haven't seen much of her. I did know she was married to a famous fashion designer.

Wasn't one couple (I think one of the New Jersey housewives, but I've never seen that show either) both sentenced to jail? They let them go at different times because they had young children. I think I remember reading about this some years ago.

DH and I were talking tonight. MOST, but not all, Hollywood celebrities have always thought they are better than anyone else. And they act that way. They have people around them constantly telling them how wonderful they are.

Take the Kardashian family - if people stopped watching their show and reading stories about them, they would fade to the background. It happened to Paris Hilton! I wish it would happen to them too. I don't want to read any more about how Kylie is a "self-made" cosmetics genius. She's not. She bought out a sibling-run company and is taking  all of the credit. Of course now she is involved and comes up with ideas, but the siblings still work with her as silent partners. When I read stories like that, I just think it doesn't seem fair. 

Maybe Olivia Jade will give Kylie some competition! LOL! Smiley LOL

I don't think you can group the Kardashians or any of the Real Housewife shows with real actors and actresses who actually work in movies and TV series.  The reality shows are a whole different ballgame.

Esteemed Contributor

Lori and Mossimo gambled and they lost. 

Honored Contributor

They could have actually invested their money and got something back for it.

I don't know why they felt they had to "invest" so much money into their kids' education.  Their kids don't even care...

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

I don’t think the vitriol is against these particular people, so much as a backlash against the “Hollywood community” that uses public venues such as awards shows to tell the world how socially conscious they are...When in reality, many have shown they have NO conscience when it comes to getting what they want.  

And of course its not the entire entertainment industry.....but the perceived hypocrisy leaves a bad taste in the mouths of many.

Just my thoughts.

@alicedee  Yet people still go to the movies, watch award shows, and watch TV.

High praise is bestowed upon the Hollywood elite depending upon whether one agrees about certain topics.

It can't be both ways.

There may be vitriol toward Hollywood in general but Lori and Felicity have been called some pretty downright nasty names around here. 

Including how stupid their children are.

We can all have opinions about what happened but some of the remarks have really been out of line regarding the persons themselves.

We see threads constantly started about the latest Hollywood gossip du jour; if people are so turned off by Hollywood then why do we always have to be updated about  it?

I understand what you are saying, however.

@Cakers3, I strongly agree with this post and your previous one. It has become a feeding frenzy that focuses on Hollywood, the place that our posters have such a love (intense interest as evidenced by the constant posts/hate relationship.

We are once again forgetting that as far as I know, only two out of dozens are celebrites. Those who rail againt Hollywood conveniently gloss over that.

@suzyQ3While we no longer go to the movies, we do watch TV and movies when they come out after their run at the theaters.

But I don't get all interested in who is dating who, who is getting divorced, who got arrested, who wore this and who said that. 

I just figure the entertainment, which I can pick and choose, is just that-entertainment.  I dismiss the nonsense chatter that comes out of the mouths of some-they are just people with the same warts and off-key opinions as the general public.

I find it odd that those who  huff and puff about CEO's big salaries do not seem disturbed about the millions made by "acting".  I know the industry provides many jobs but a big paycheck is still a big paycheck.

If this had not been Lori and Felicity, I think this whole fiasco would be sliding away without such fanfare.

@Cakers3, oh, I think that it's implicit in their attitudes toward celebrities.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh the irony of it all -- judging posters for judging celebs. 

Look, the fact that Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin are in the headlines every day comes with the territory of their chosen careers. They have to deal with good publicity and bad publicity. Lori is getting a lot of blowback every day from every newscaster I hear reporting. Her choice, her consequence. As far as I am concerned, I hope the judge slaps that arrogant smile right off her face.

Working with criminals for so long, my curiosity is always piqued when someone comes running to their defense. 

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I admit that I'm very surprised at how much dislike for Lori has been voiced, along the lines of "I never really liked her anyway".  Personally, I found her very pleasant and appealing, but of course that was based upon her Aunt Becky "Full House" persona and the Hallmark movies I've seen.

If, in fact, she is not that person at all, then I give her credit for displaying a contrary face to the public and at least semi-successfully cultivating her desired image.  I suspect that's very common for actors and entertainers, to be one person publicly and another off stage.

However, my lack of dislike in no way takes away from my opinion that she and her husband should do some real prison time.

I know I dislike her because I've never been inclined to watch even five minutes of any show she's ever been in.

Trusted Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

Oh the irony of it all -- judging posters for judging celebs. 

Look, the fact that Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin are in the headlines every day comes with the territory of their chosen careers. They have to deal with good publicity and bad publicity. Lori is getting a lot of blowback every day from every newscaster I hear reporting. Her choice, her consequence. As far as I am concerned, I hope the judge slaps that arrogant smile right off her face.

Working with criminals for so long, my curiosity is always piqued when someone comes running to their defense. 

@magicmoodz So well said!

So let me understand......it's not okay to criticize a celebrity but it's just fine to critcize a fellow poster? 

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@beach-mom wrote:

I hope they both (Lori and her husband) do go to jail. I couldn't believe this when it first came out. I remember her from Full House - I never missed it. I haven't seen the sequel and haven't seen much of her. I did know she was married to a famous fashion designer.

Wasn't one couple (I think one of the New Jersey housewives, but I've never seen that show either) both sentenced to jail? They let them go at different times because they had young children. I think I remember reading about this some years ago.

DH and I were talking tonight. MOST, but not all, Hollywood celebrities have always thought they are better than anyone else. And they act that way. They have people around them constantly telling them how wonderful they are.

Take the Kardashian family - if people stopped watching their show and reading stories about them, they would fade to the background. It happened to Paris Hilton! I wish it would happen to them too. I don't want to read any more about how Kylie is a "self-made" cosmetics genius. She's not. She bought out a sibling-run company and is taking  all of the credit. Of course now she is involved and comes up with ideas, but the siblings still work with her as silent partners. When I read stories like that, I just think it doesn't seem fair. 

Maybe Olivia Jade will give Kylie some competition! LOL! Smiley LOL

I don't think you can group the Kardashians or any of the Real Housewife shows with real actors and actresses who actually work in movies and TV series.  The reality shows are a whole different ballgame.

Speaking of the Kardashians, my home page which is daily news, just ran a brief article claiming Kim K plans on taking the California Bar Exam. Wonder if you can influence those results as well? Doesn't she have a high school education? I think Kourtney and Rob are the only two who went to college, and at one point Rob wanted to go to law school, but then dropped the idea.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

They could have actually invested their money and got something back for it.

I don't know why they felt they had to "invest" so much money into their kids' education.  Their kids don't even care...

Not only that, but what does that tell their kids? You're not good enough to get into a prestigious college. We have to buy your way in, and oh by the way, will you pose for this picture as a top athlete?