Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin & husband get prison time...

Ii hope she will be treated as a pariah by the studios now which for her would probably be the worst thing for her. 
How long did Felicity Huffman get. She at least showed contrition, humility and did her time without whining how unfair it was. 

Honored Contributor

So they basically won’t be punished for their crimes and it will motivate others to commit crimes, too. 

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@PreKteacher 

I do not feel badly for the daughters. They were complicit in all of this.  

@4kitties 

I do feel badly that they were raised to be that way. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

Ii hope she will be treated as a pariah by the studios now which for her would probably be the worst thing for her. 
How long did Felicity Huffman get. She at least showed contrition, humility and did her time without whining how unfair it was. 

@GenXmuse  It seems Felicity was only in for about two weeks, but she seemed to immediately accept the plea deal without all the wrangling, the posturing and the attempts at pandering to the publilc... Also, the extent of her wrong doing was supposedly much less, as was the amount of money involved in her case versus the half million Loughlin allegedly forked over...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

It seems to me that what they were fined by the court should have been at least as much as what they paid in bribes and "fees" to the school/facilitator.

Valued Contributor

I wouldn't waste any sympathy for the daughters. One, at least, was well aware of the plan, and was told to try to avoid her school counselor as he was well aware of her lack of skills in the sport she was getting a scholarship for! And personally I am sick to death of these "influencers" (which one of them purported to be) with their youtube and instagram followers who have nothing to be followed for! These girls were adults and they should have been indicted and be doing community service someplace. They need a  fancy college education like we need more ez pay offers from QVC. Instead, give them some humility and real life experience!

Trusted Contributor

They just bought a $9.5 million farmhouse in Hidden Hills, CA.  They could care less what the judge muttered, or what anyone thinks.  They have new drapes to worry about.

Not even close to a slap on the wrist.

Valued Contributor

I understand they also had to downsize their 18 million dollar home to a 10 million !!  Give me a high fallutin" break.......Sickening...I'd have given them each at least 5  yrs !

Respected Contributor

Martha Stewart did her time, which was a lot longer as I recall, and moved on gracefully. She sets an example for Lori. No telling if she will get work acting, but not many are working now anyway.  She played a sickening sweet role in “when calls the heart.”  I hope she serves the full time. Yikes, virus in prison is a real threat. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Martha Stewart did her time, which was a lot longer as I recall, and moved on gracefully. She sets an example for Lori. No telling if she will get work acting, but not many are working now anyway.  She played a sickening sweet role in “when calls the heart.”  I hope she serves the full time. Yikes, virus in prison is a real threat. 

Lori Laughlin is, of course, no Martha Stewart... If I never see her phony mug on television again, it'll be just fine with me... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...